How to save money in the United Arab Emirates

Hello everyone,

Did you plan your budget before your move to the United Arab Emirates? If so, how did you go about it?

How do you save money in your day to day life? Do you find there are any areas where you can't cut costs?

Do you have any tips about saving money in the United Arab Emirates? For example, getting the best deals on accommodation, grocery shopping and dining out, the best value transportation, etc..

Are there any apps or websites that have helped you to save money?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

In this country, you can find daily "SALE" and other offers in almost all hypermarkets and malls...I would suggest not to spend or purchase the things until it is really required....it will be most useful to save some money.

Hi Priscilla

This is the land of bling. Everywhere you go and whereever you see there something dazzling in your face. Plus there is this unfortunate habit of people judging you on the basis of the brands you use. So subconsciously to fit in we do go over board as we dont want to be left behind. 

I just use the simple formula " is it a want or a need " . its very easy to get carried away but its harder to restrain. i always use this formula but i also cheat once in a way but that's human. The primary expense in this place is accomodation, where do you need to stay, sharing or single room, etc takes at least 30-40% of your salary. Then comes transportation, food and shopping for one self. You can do better with better time and money management. rest is all up to you only and what you want to get out of tis whole endeavour of shifting to the Gulf. 

Hope it works for you.
Cheers
Aaron

Very sample, take all your bills and put in your budget every month and give you target for save money.

20000Aed its your target in bank in case your lost your job you can thinking and time to have a new job or came back at your country.

Good Luck

Pierre

How exapts save money in UAE
Track your spending by saving receipts
Buy groceries for a week
Saving goal on a daily basis
Hoarding
Big refrigerator with a deep freezer
Basic beverages
Home lunch
Drink water
Stored food