School for elementary age children while attending university

Hello

I am considering attending Southhampton University this fall.  I am soon retired from US Navy.  I have a child entering third grade.  I am looking for information to determine what schools are available for my child to attend.  Private?  Public?  Either?

I am hoping to start my training in October.  When does the school year start for children?

I have a 4 y/o English lab.  May I bring him with us for the year?  Is anyone familiar with the rules for bring pets over?

Thank you.

Sincerely

Theron

theron.korsak wrote:

Hello

I am considering attending Southhampton University this fall.  I am soon retired from US Navy.  I have a child entering third grade.  I am looking for information to determine what schools are available for my child to attend.  Private?  Public?  Either?

I am hoping to start my training in October.  When does the school year start for children?

I have a 4 y/o English lab.  May I bring him with us for the year?  Is anyone familiar with the rules for bring pets over?

Thank you.

Sincerely

Theron

Hi Theron and welcome to the Forum.

With regards to schools; in general, public sector school placements are really decided by where you live - we call it the postcode lottery - you can find information about it from this link.  Private schools are available, this link will take you to a Google search of what's available.  Information on school term dates are available from this link.

Information on importing pets into the UK can be obtained from this link.

Hope this helps. :)

Good Afternoon.

Thank you for the quick response and information. 

I appreciate the assistance.

Sincerely