EXPAT BLOG MEET UP MARCH 2011

Hi,

After the great success :cool: (in-spite of the storm and subsequent dire warnings :p) of our last meet up, I feel it is time for another one in March :cheers:. Hopefully the weather will only improve after Maha Shivrathri weekend ( as it always apparently does).

Any Ideas -Plans - Suggestions??

P.S :@Julien, I couldn't resist the urge to put the topic up :gloria.  Am sure you have something lined up, do Let us know :idontagree:

Cuteeeee Musheer - It's when & where... It would be a pleasure/chance for me to meet some the forum subscribers specially Musheer :D!!!!!! I must admit that you are all very friendly here. Am I invited for the meetup???

I am very touched as well by all the private message that Expat.com subscribers have sent me. Long live this forum ;)!!! You are all very nice... thx

Hi Musheer,

you're right, it's time to think about our March meet up ;)

I've been thinking about an afterwork in February, but I've been so busy that I didn't get the time to organize it.

Guys, would you prefer an afterwork drink in Port Louis (let's say on a friday evening) or a bbq in Flic en Flac ?

cutie-mum wrote:

Cuteeeee Musheer - It's when & where... It would be a pleasure/chance for me to meet some the forum subscribers specially Musheer :D!!!!!! I must admit that you are all very friendly here. Am I invited for the meetup???

I am very touched as well by all the private message that Expat.com subscribers have sent me. Long live this forum ;)!!! You are all very nice... thx

Of Course u tr invited! it is open to all Expats and any1 else who might want to come!!!
As for moi, I am just giving back in Kind what I have got in this wonderful Blog Julien has set up!!

@Julien I vote for Flic and Flac BBQ!!! We havent done the west coast in over a year, am sure that will get some more of the Expats from t area who were not able to make it last time with the weather!!

Cheers,
Musheer

Sounds good :P, make that two votes for Flic:D. Does seem there is a considerable amount of expats in that area:top:

I will follow everywhere :D My husband as well :)

thx for the invitation musheer ;)

Sounds lovely, Flic & Flac gets our vote too.

hopefully someone could also bring tables for food and portable lanterns for lighting...

looking forward to this BBQ..

Maybe there is a place on the beach with light ?

Guys, I am planning on going there on tuesday night, will do a recci and let you know about spot,lighting etc

HI,

I was there on Saturde, Sunday and tonight , at 5 am, 11pm and 1am respectively. And they have street lamps right on the beach at a distance of about 20 meters each working all the time.
The beach also has covered sitting areas. Guess those should be more than enough :). Lencamsav, do let us know what you think...

N oh yea, I almost forgot, The Beach and the night Sky, especially the millions of Glittering Stars, are just AMAZING!!:cool: Simply Magnifique!! :up:

Cheers
Musheer

I vote for Flic en flac as well :p

when should we say then???

The rainy season is almost over. It would be a good time to start planning something.

Flic en Flac is great, in terms on lightning, and even if no bbq's planned, there are always 'boulettes' (meat,fish,veggie balls) around and plenty of food available. And nightlife is great there.

Although the beach doesn't look as nice as when I used to go for midnight swims anymore, the starry nights' are definitely worth it!!:idontagree:

[110% off topic]

So I went to Flic last night, really easy to find the main beach. I would say that there is about 5 main  overhead spotlights on the beach that offers a pretty good amount of light. Across the road( plenty of parking), good night life and bars, pubs. The beach it self is flat. SO:cool:

Guess We should be looking at Flic and Flac then, What say Julien??

You could initiate a thread with the date and time, I am leaning towards 19th of march , Saturday. and guess then invite the others..

Cheers~
Musheer
Cheers,
Musheer

Musheer, i think the 19th of March is spot on... We, the Irish could also celebrate St Patrick's weekend (although St Patrick's day falls on Wednesday the 16th)...but no worries, we can make a Paddy's day out of any day..:).. it would be great to combine it with the Expat.com meet up.

Though when I say, We, the Irish, I mean the 3 of us so far....I am hoping that more Irish people will join us...

Mariam

Hi

Is the expat meet up on the 19th of march still on? Can we also come along?

Me and my husband moved here last June from London but have been pretty busy with our little baby who was born here in sept. But now that he is 5 months we thought it's about time to start making an effort to meet new people/friends.

We are based on the west - La preneuse beach.

Well hope to meet up soon.

N

Hi,

I came a week ago and really eager to meet people. I would definately like to join - however I am in Grand Baie and not yet having a car (dont know if I will manage until that). Anybody there so we can do a car pooling?
Otherwise - anytime for a drink in Port Louis !

Vi

Hi Guys,

While we are still waiting for a concrete date for the expat meet in Flic en Flac, I heard there is an Mauritian Carnival show in Suffren this Friday. It would be fun to meet up with  who ever can make it.
Cheers!!!
Terence

Hey guys,

Looks like a few ppl are busy on the 19th, including Julien who will unfortunately be unable to make it on the 19th. The announcement for the official blog meet up will be put up soon i guess..

Nwez, t 19th's gonna be a full moon day ( closest the moon's been to earth in 18 yrs)!! the beach am sure will look beautiful ( if it doesnt rain :P:P)..

If some of you are keen , we could have a smaller meet up.. Mebbe bbq or a bring n share.....As we know Flic and Flac is lined up with restaurants and pubs n it should not b a difficulty to go to some place for some drinks!!

Lemme know waddaya think?

Cheers,
Musheer
IF some of you are st

viliûte wrote:

Hi,

I came a week ago and really eager to meet people. I would definately like to join - however I am in Grand Baie and not yet having a car (dont know if I will manage until that). Anybody there so we can do a car pooling?
Otherwise - anytime for a drink in Port Louis !

Vi

Hi Vi (and everyone)

I'm also new in town..got here a week ago. I'm hoping to also meet up with everyone. I do have a car, but don't know my way around the island as yet. Maybe we can make a plan with others living in Grand Bay??

Hi Musheer and CO!
Great idea, will you confirm then for the 19th MARCH? Where will be the meeting spot?
Cheers,
Looking forward !
Samurai

Hi Musheer,

We are still up for a meeting on the 19th, with a bunch of 3-4 Paddies to tag along. Flic en Flac it is then..

Mariam

I don't mind the 19th - make sure there are no tidal waves lurking around!

alisa_ram wrote:

make sure there are no tidal waves lurking around!

Sure,on Saturday, I will transform back to my original self...

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs46/i/2009/189/4/3/Captain_Planet_flying_by_by_lazymills1986.jpg

Just for the Blog!!! :P

Everyone say "GOOOOOOOO PLANNNEEETTTT!!"

:D

You won't be laughing when they crash on you :P

That's how Flic en Flac went from being one of the best beaches on the island to a not-so-good one. After the first tsunami, we suffered tidal waves here.

So...just saying (FYI Musheer - I'm sure you could be a very handy floater ;) )

samurai12 wrote:

Hi Musheer and CO!
Great idea, will you confirm then for the 19th MARCH? Where will be the meeting spot?
Cheers,
Looking forward !
Samurai

Guess, we can keep the time as 19h00 at Flic and Flac Beach. Meeting place Near the Parking in front of 90 Degrees restaurant. Does it sem ok in terms of time or too late/early?

As for the plans for the BBQ, are we still up for it? looking at the unpredictable weather, I was thinking we could have a bring & Share - Sandwich meet! What do you guys think?

Also, Les try to get a rough head count, Those who are coming-mostly coming can you please post on the thread here or send me a PM.

Cheers,
Musheer

Count me in.

Could we just buy something there and share instead? We can leave the BBQ to when we have an official expat meet.

Discussion sticked. :)

Hi there!

I would love to join you on this meet up! What should we bring?

Cheers,

Emilie

Christine wrote:

Discussion sticked. :)

Hi Christine

can you open a thread regarding same on the french forum?

Hi Alisa,

Here is the thread on the french forum : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 212#302836:)

Thank you Christine! :)

Hopefully we can have some frenchie crowd too!

Christine wrote:

Hi Alisa,

Here is the thread on the french forum : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 212#302836:)

thanks a lot Chrisitine, :D both for the Sticky and this :D

Hope to see you and Joanne on Saturday :d

Cheers,
Musheer

Emilie in Mauritius wrote:

Hi there!

I would love to join you on this meet up! What should we bring?

Cheers,

Emilie

good question!!  I was saying Bring and share what you think suits the time :D I am mostly going to be getting some type of Sandwiches..

Hi,

Update on those coming -
Confirmed
          Mariam +6
          Musheer +5
          Alisa Ram+1
          Emilie
          Paul +4
          Terence
          Tash ?
          lemcasav
          zeina?
          cutie-mom?
          Vishal
          julien-maybe
          Christine-maybe

Hi Musheer

Would have love to come along but we unable to get a babysitter for our 6 months old fella at this short notice. May be next time.Anyway you guys have fun though....i'm so gutted!!!

N

Hi Neave,

Tough luck :( Hope you can make the next one!! Have a nice weekend :)

Cheers,
Musheer

Me+1.

so sorry,my 8 years old son is sick:( Gastro enterite is in the air!
Have fun and see you next time:)