I speak English
I drink English
I eat English
I dance English...
So contact me

Nice to connect with you
Here is my what'sapp number : ***

Moderated by Cheryl 2 years ago
Reason : Kindly exchange your contact details by using the private messaging system.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi, I too am keen to meet some English speaking friends! I live in Flic en Flac, does anyone know if there are any meet-ups organized? Or shall we organise one? :)

Grest 👋

Hi I'm nice will be to make friends to foreigners and would like also to share creole words too.
I also rent lodging.
U r welcome

Hi All
Can you please let me know if there's any meet up happening in the Flic en Flac area over the next months. I work in the UK and due to be in mauritius at the end of the month. Thanks, Nada

Hi , I'm Sorokio I'm from the East... Also looking for SA friends

Hi Isabella,
How are u...
I will be soon back in Mauritius after my holidays here in SA...
Would like to hook up with other friends as well... I'm from the East.
Enjoy

Hi,

Are you still in Mauritius?

Yes, I'm still in Mauritius until end of March.

Anyone here in the North who would like to meet up for a drink and chats? I'll be there from the 24th looking for place to rent.

Yes, I'm in. PChat me

hi

missing english speaking frineds!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nitin

Hi all, calling anyone in the West.

Starting a meet up for English speakers, first gathering on Friday 11th of March @Chez Ruben Restaurant from 7pm.
Chez Ruben is on the Coastal Rd, Oasis Complex

Spread the word and hope to see you there.

**UPDATE** West Coast Meet Up - Friday 11th March

Change of Venue, now meeting at Mafiozzo in Flic en Flac at 7pm

Most of the southe African moved to Mauritius like to live there .but that doesn't come cheap ..it's quiet far from the city around 1 hr drive ..else got everything there ..as to start a business hmm it's 50/50.. good luck

Sure thing! Thanks for organizing!

Count me in - I'll be there!

Good! We look forward to meeting you there! - Jeff & Jo

Sorry we missed the meeting, please keep us posted for the future Thanks!

Hi i can give away my venue for free if u want to meet up or organize an event for english speaking expat

Ohh Tina. Sounds interesting.  But sadly I think I'll miss the next get together  (I go home on Thursday)
Where is your venue?
Neil

Will try to do something in the next month. Will keep you posted.

S

@Philippe9507 hi I'm from the UK and would love to meet more English speakers.

@Philippe9507 hello you can contact me my family speak English and you are welcome to our place we are a couple of hard workers here my husband is not Mauritian we have two kids .

@Elodge1905

Hi

I live in the north but have transport and would be happy to meet up with you. They don't print phone numbers so you might identify a time and a location on a week day and we can meet up.

I am a retired Australian and have lived here since January.

Regards,

David

Hello everyone,

Would you rather meet in the North or West ?

Where are you about ?

Any feedback on the meetup at Mafiozzo (Flic en Flac) please

Regards,

Bhavna

I'm in the west so would prefer that. Mafiozzo again is also fine if the place was good, otherwise maybe one of the cafes at Cascavelle

I'm easy as I have transport and enjoy driving in Mauritius

Hi there,

I am new to this platform and new to the island. Maffiozzo sounds perfect to me, as I will be in Flic en Flac (and no own transport,yet).

@Bhavna The meet at Mafioso in march was fine, although only 4 people showed...maybe the timing didn't work that day.

I would love to have more meet-ups with English speakers, but as I only use local transports I'll have to stick to Flic en Flac.

There used to be a regular meet up at Flic en Flac on the beach on 1st Saturdays of each month with the French/francophone community. A bring and share type from let's say 14hr - 19hr (last bus)

Maybe english speakers could set up something like that..

Hi everyone, the meet-up in flic en flac beach once a month resumed in July after a few months in hiatus due to Covid restrictions. Although on Saturday the bigger majority were French speakers. We also have English speakers and actually look forward to having more English speakers join us.

And we are happy for more meet-ups to be organised with the group on top of the current one first Saturday a month.

If you would like to join the group for updates. Kindly private message me 🤗