DRNew

Hello My name is Almethia and I am new to the forum. I am from the United States...Illinois to be exact. I live here in the DR and looking to make connections with other expat's like myself. Always looking to meet new people!!!!

Makeit welcome to the forum. Where in the DR are you living.  We are on the north coast.

Bob K

Welcome!!! Yes tell us where you are!  How long have you been here?

I am currently living in Bavaro. I have been here 3 years...I have been traveling between here and Chicago for the last year. I am working on building realty business now in the DR.

Good luck with the new business

Bob K

Thank You

Hey there! I am from Illinois. I'm looking to move to DR and start a new life. I'm ready to live my life beautifully. My skill set and qualifications in life and career is vast.

Hey!!! That definitely sounds like a GREAT plan....That is what I did--I love the DR and just wanted to do something different so I leaped. It is a good place (my Spanish is not that good but the little I know gets me by). I am currently working on some business ideas to generate some income here as well as in the states. I have found that the best part about living here is you can do just about anything and the PEOPLE are friendly.

What are thinking about relocating to in the DR? I am in the Punta Cana area but travel all over the island.

Thank you for the warm Welcome!!!! I look forward to being on this site. I have been reading a lot of the posted messages and I like it (very helpful). The information you provide is easy to follow and understand.

Almethia, Im Leah, I think I forgot to introduce myself. Lol. I plan to leave the States within 6mos or sooner if possible to visit DR and the make my leap. I have been researching Las Terrenas alot and its the perfect dream place for me. How is it where you are?? I am so excited to make a new life!

Hi Leah nice to meet you!!!! That is a great area to relocate too....I am in the Punta Cana/Bavaro area (eastern DR).  I will be in Illinois next week (Chicago) to visit family and friends.

Punta Cana is beautiful as well! I am sure you love it! I would love to see and experience Punta Cana as well. How is it living there? I hope that you enjoy your family and friends on your return to the states, and safe travels. My ex husband is from Chicago too. Danville is about 150 miles from Chicago. Its so exciting to see someone almost just like me doing what I dream of! You ROCK Almethia!!

Thank you so much!!! Yeah it is definitely the life living here, I found that I did not need all things that we become accustomed to living in America. My life is much more peaceful here in the DR.

I am sooo ready! I know I wont miss a thing in the states. I've been a cosmetologist for 20+ years, in Hospitality and Nursing 10+, Customer Service 20+ so I'm hoping that finding work won't be too hard. ☺

Hi there,
I too reside part time in the Bavaro/Punta Cana area.  I am looking to make some new acquaintances to spend time with like minded people :)
I can send you my whatsapp # off the forum if you are interested in getting together.
Happiness and sunshine

Hello ladies, I'm from the US (Miami) and I currently live in Puerto Plata.   If any of you ever decide to come this way, let me know, I'm always up to meeting new people here, especially fellow Americans.

Sounds great!!! I would like that-- I plan to be in the Puerto Plata area in a few months!!!

Sounds great... please send your info in a private message!!!

Eri i am in Puerto Plata area!