Looking for job

i would like to know if there are vacancies of accountant job in bucharest or even in another city in romania

Yes, I'm sure there are lots (check ejob, bestjobs and hipo).

The first questions any potential employer will ask you are:

1. Are you qualified and are your qualifications accepted in Romania?
2. Are you aware of Romanian accounting practices and Romanian fiscal law?
3. Do you speak very good Romanian?
4. Are your residency and work permits all in order?

If the answer to all of those is 'yes', then I'd say you should be able to find something with a bit of effort and searching, particularly in Bucharest.

i am living now in egypt , and working in a bank , i graduated from faculty of commerce , but in fact i dont speak romanian, i think this is a big problem. should i learn romanian language firstly before searching for job there ?

i have another job also , i am a musician , i play piano and lute , and compose songs, is this will be easy to find something like that with speaking english only ?

Hi,

Yes, I think you'd have to speak Romanian. Let's put it this way, if I came to your bank and asked for a job, but didn't speak Egyptian and knew nothing about Egyptian banking systems, would you give me a job?

I think it'd be quite difficult to find a job as a musician (meaning someone who would also give you a work permit). There might be some people interested in learning lute or taking piano lessons, but that'd be unofficial income and so it wouldn't help you get the legal permits to live here.

One option open to you might be to come as a student, enroll at one of the universities. It's standard for foreign students to do an introductory year in which they learn Romanian and you can apply for a student visa for this. Of course, this is a slightly expensive way to remain in the country (I imagine you probably have a particular reason for coming here...perhaps related to a lady? ;) ) but it could be an option if financially viable.

Moreover the Romaian language, employers must prove that they don't find a Romanian or another EEA-citizen to do this job... And at less to have some skills or qualifications (often high) which bring a plus, it's very complicated.

Also, why Romania? Because it's a country with a high unemployment rate...

For musician, forget, nobody gives work visa for that (excpet if you sign in a music company).

In theory you could get away without any romanian language knowledge at SSCs (Genpact and the like)...