Work help

Hello everyone,
First time poster here on the Expat.com so here goes...
I'm a 24 year old Irish guy, currently living in Goteborg Sweden but hoping and planning on moving to Romania to be with my Romanian girlfriend in Bucharest. I've been to Bucharest a few times and now I'm starting to look for work. I hold a BA in International Relations. What are my best options for looking for work in Bucharest? Any help would be hugely appreciated. Long distance sure does suck - so any help getting me one step closer to my girlfriend would be priceless.
Thanks,
Dave.

How's your Romanian?

Obviously, if you can't speak the language your options will be severely limited. The best you can do is to cold call all the international companies who might have something available. I think job ops are pretty few and far between though, and they probably mostly hire from their offices in other English-speaking countries. You'd have to have a very specific skill, I imagine. See which companies you can find in Bucharest who are in the same field as your current employers and try them.

Check out the various expat forums and their classified sections, as well as local sites like bestjob.ro. Something might pop up.

All the best

Welcome on board Dáithí ;)

Try Genpact or HP in Bucarest voor IT support or accountacy? If you speak a Nordic language there is a bigger chance they might hire you. If you can stand such a job :P

Best option in my own humble opinion is...get your girlfriend a job in Sweden. Sorry.

Ill go with shelly on that :rolleyes: