Services from 1st contact agency

Hi,
I just discovered an agency called 1st contact (https://www.1stcontact.com/kickstart/packages/classic) that offers a package for GBP 35,- with facilitation for getting NIN, opening Bank Account, etc.

Does anybody have tried this service? is it reliable?  I understand I can save that money, but I find interesting that they can do everything for me in advance.

Regards
S.

Absolutely, I made contact with them to move from Australia to UK. They're super easy to deal with and very much on top of everything.

When you sign up for the Kickstarter package they give you a choice of banks to go with, arrange an interview for a nin, get you a sim card and give you other info. As we didn't have a physical address we picked Lloyd's bank as they only needed copy of my UK passport and a verbally quoted address to send the card and pin to (we used family address).

For the nin interview it's important to note tho that an address is needed for DWP (Dept of work and pensions) to send confirmation to. Your interview for a nin will be set at the dwp office closest to the address you provide. They'll need proof of this address and if you plan to live with family you need a letter from them and a copy of a bill that proves they live there. Can take 5-6 weeks to get the Nin i think

Long story short yes 1st contact are good to deal with and they walk you through it all and hold your hand through the process

Well thanks. I am moving from Italy. My flight is on May, 4th. I already have a place to stay with a Family, so I have an address. My biggest concern is the bank account. I know that it is not easy anyway, and I would really love if they can make this formality and provide a basic joint account for me and my bf.
I really need it urgently, cause I start my new job on May, 15th and the bank account is a prereq for that day.

Thanks!

National Insurance Number - you can do over the phone - link?

Bank account - walk into a bank with your passport and do it yourself.

That said - £35 is not a lot to pay to take the hassle away.

adamhillsproper wrote:

Long story short yes 1st contact are good to deal with and they walk you through it all and hold your hand through the process

Adam, how much time they took to open the bank account and organise NIN interview?

S

A lot of people enter the UK every year and a lot of them have big problems with the paperwork, especially banks and other officials - More so if the expat's English skills aren't that great.
Much as I'm generally a bit anti agents, this sort of offer can save a lot of pain and frustration.

A fixed price of 35 quid isn't bad, but watch out for 'extras' some companies might try to add to your bill.  I'm guessing there are a lot of companies offering this type of service, and some might well be less than honest.

Thanks. I do not know about other companies. For me is becoming quite urgent to setup everything, especially the bank account. If they can do quick and easy it is ok. Then, after relocation,once I will find a new house, I'll be able to manage everything by myself.

S

I have a lot to get on with today but here's a free tip.

Google the company name, address, numbers, email addresses and so on, then add negative key words such as 'scam' and 'extras' or 'overcharging'. and see what comes up.
If you get hits, you'll save 35 quid.

Hiya,

I wasn't in a rush so they organised things for when I landed but I'm sure they are able to work with your urgency. It also depends when they can get an appointment with the bank. Lloyds in Marylebone was really good to work with. I went in, showed my British Passport, quoted the address and signed a couple of things - easy :) ...I think it was about 4 days before the card arrived but they were able to let me know the account number then and there

You might struggle to get things set up by Monday but in saying that there's no harm in trying. If you go with them fill in the form and give them a call as well to let them know - they might be able to help faster