How to make friends in California

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals or expatriates) when you're living in California :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in California??

Thanks in advance for your participation

Here are some ways I made friends:
- Volunteering
- Joining a book group
- I also joined several Yahoo groups
I met people through all these sources!

I want to meet more fellow British people, so I can feel more at home. How would I do that?

Hello FishNChipsGirl, You could have a look at the British expats Network in San Francisco.
Hope this helps!
Arlette

girlinfogcity wrote:

Here are some ways I made friends:
- Volunteering
- Joining a book group
- I also joined several Yahoo groups
I met people through all these sources!

I have a plan to live in South California. Where do you live and from where are you coming from?  Please share with me how was your first year being expatriate and live your life there. I will stay for long period, so will try to find a job also, I know it will not so easy but at least I try. I will be glad if you like to reply my message.

Regards
Bewithyou

Hello bewithyou, welcome to Expat.com :)
However, you're a bit :offtopic: here; so may I suggest you to start a new topic in the forum?
You might also want to check the the Guide of life in USA which contains a lot of useful information for your project.
Cheers
Arlette

hi everyone I'm new in this site so i want to communicate with people from different country

Hi i am louis from Taiwan now live in China. familliar all things of Chiness. glad to make friends with you.
have a nice day
[email protected]