Cost of owning a second home in France

Hello, For my retirement I consider buying a house in the South of France. It will be a second home but I will stay there a lot (if it is nice). To see if I can afford a house I need a budget for the cost of owning a property, The French tax system is blur, to say the least. I would be greatful if someone could estimate the tax and utilites cost involved on a £150 000 four bedroom house in a village near the South Coast. Even advice to get the hell out of France is welcome. Thanks

YOu will find never a four bedrooms house for 150000£ close to the South Coast!!! It's the price for a big studio or a two-bedrooms. I think you don't find below 300000£ at least... Provence, Riviera and Mediterranean area are very asked and so, prices are very high!!!

You have "impôt foncier" which is a taxe for owners and the "impôts locaux", which are local taxes paid to the town and its not the same price in each town.

Thank you Steffifi, no I do not expect to find a house near the coast for that price. I am looking for a house in a village less than one hour drive from the coast. There are quite a few which looks promising on agents webistes. What I can understand from various web sources I have to pay;
Notarie fee 7% - 10 500 (once)
Expected annual cost (£);
Tax fonciere - 12 000
Tax d'Habitation - 6 000
Electricity incl heating - 2 000
Mains water?
Rubbish Collection?
Insurance?
TV licence?
And other minor services.
Since the tax is the, by far, the most expencive cost I would like to get that estimate right and would appreciate to get some feedback on my Estimates.

Thanks

Even at one hour of the sea, the prices are high, because it's so expensive close to the coast that the people go in landscapes. So, houses prices have increased.

OK, I will be warned when I go there for Easter.

Hello, I work with french to help build a house around 400m2 in the middle of 2500m2 olives trees.
The target is to sold it,  ands when I asked how much price , its around €600.000-1.000.000.

Its a good place because 1 hour to beach, close to canal du middi, camping area..

So if you want to wait a bit and increasing your budget , why not, you can try it....

Thanks but treble my budget is not a minor thing.