Cost of living and how much money is enough to live in France!

Hello

My name is Shawn I live in TX (America) and I am currently talking with a company (AMMROC) which is based in UAE, they asked me if I would like to work in France. I told them I would like to who would have said no to that...lol But I dont have any info about what the cost of living and how much money is enough to live in France. I was thinking about (4,000 Euros) a month for one person is that a fair amount. So I am looking for info please help me apartment, car, bills, mobile...ect.

Thanks

If you want to live like David Hasselhoff it will cost that much ;)
I just moved here from Toronto, Canada and I have not found Lyon to be terribly expensive...although not super cheap either. Our two bedroom apt is 730 Euros per month + utilities and we live in a very nice/central neighborhood. My other monthly expenses including utilities, food, public transportation, mobile, entertainment are about $500-ish a month....but I'm not going out all the time.

Hope this helps!

I see you like the picture I don't know were I will be working yet I am in the very early part of talks with my company. But I think I will be working in Pairs which I would like very much I am also reading on the web that there is a rental tax every year Jan that I would have to pay? I can speak NO French so will I be totally lost when I get there.

Hi Shawn, your post has been introduced as a new thread on France forum, as you were completely off-topic on the other discussion.

Harmonie.