Closing a SRL

Anybody have experience with this? In particular, I am wondering what the consequences (if any) would be if I didn't close it and didn't have any activity on it anyway? I didn't really use it all that much and the costs I've been quoted for closing it seem outrageous.

We have an SRL doing nothing & need to close it too. We failed to file the quarterly return to ANAF once last summer & were fined 400 lei. You can do no trade at all but the paperwork must go in regardless. We hope to close ours soon too, as soon as we put the agricultural land around our house into our names - not the Company's.

My lawyer said that if you don't close the SRL and leave the country, then you will accrue the fines and be listed as having some kind of criminal record (if you don't pay the fees). It might jeopardize your ability to re-enter Romania in the future. My lawyer is going to close mine when the time is right so that I can make sure everything is on the up-and-up.

Started the process of closing our SRL today. We were told by our notary to go to the Camera de Comert & fill in an Act de Lichidare Societate. We're doing this through a Consilier Juridic  as the Camera de Comert was shut & her office happened to be was next door. Turns out  she was experienced & qualified to do the whole thing for u! She filled in the forms to close down our SRL & explained every step. We've been charged us 270 lei so far. She told us that the closure will be advertised in the press (as we anticipated) & the relevant authority informed. We now have to wait 50 days (in case anyone comes forward who the business owes money to), then go to ANAF & obtain a Certificate Atestare Fiscala (to show that we owe no tax)  and  then return to her office with the originals of all the Company legal documents ( & the stamp!). I'll update when we've done this but she doesn't envisage a problem fulfilling our request to close our company down. First time we've come upon somebody (recently) that shows some concern about our deep sense of insecurity with the Romanian way!