How to make friends in Oman

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals and other expats) when you're living in Oman :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Oman??

Thanks in advance for your participation

I meet a lot of people at private clubs such as PDORC and golf clubs (Ghala Wentworth) and outside with organized desert trips (The Guide).

Cheers,

Yuri. :)

All the people in Oman were friendly.
I am happy I worked here.
Hi to all

well, thanks god I am here in well place .Here i wish to all members.
regardfs,
Hari

Any information about the night life in Muscat?

Hello
   my name is SHAH NAWAZ BALOCH and I am living in BALOCHISTAN ,PAKISTAN

thats the burning issue, i THINK A LOT OF US LOOKING FOR COMPANIONS, but do not know how to connect

Hi,i am Malaysian living and woking here in muscat. Looking for friends..

Hi Nafeesa

on the face of this part of earth u can consider me your freind, I am new here at muscat and also looking for good freindship am an Indian ....if that sounds okay to you than write me at

cheers
steven

Hi Nafeesa,

Hope you have found a friend. Pls get in touch with me at [email protected] if still interested. I would like to be ur friend.

Thanks

Adv & Ext SPORT
Cheers

Hi, I am comming to oman from India, need some tips, specialy about accomodation.

Hi,

One bed room set you will get in 300 OMR maximum in Muscat. Which company you are going to join. You will stay in Muscat?

Hi Guys! The topic is about "How to make friends in Oman " . Well, this discussion is slightly getting off topic, i suggest you to start a new discussion on the Oman forum. Thank you. :)

always this happens...................

Dear friends,

Well i too agree and would like to say that it is very difficult to find true friends in Muscat( of both sexes). I am also in search of a friend who can be helpful to me so that i can forget my loneliness.

With love

MADHU

Hi Madhu,
finding true frind is realy dsifficult around the glob. only because we expect too much. lets lower down our expectations and we will find many.

just smile to the people when you meet them...well my face is not smily at all...hahaha
so just smile...i bit you will have all those, u smiled to their faces, your friends...

:):)

(moderated: off topic. Please post in the classifieds > personals - Friendship)

hy everyone..well by knowing eachother we can share over feelings

Speaking from my own experience of UK and Oman. People in the UK are ready to try out new experiences and are open to the idea of meeting in Pubs and Stuff.

People, over here are more circumspect in their approach. I always believe a healthy group is a mixed one. The ideal way would be to catch up in a shopping mall or a public area as strangers.

That way, you wouldnt know much about a person and you would always have the security of meeting in a public area....

Its all about how you define urself infront of the person ur communicating with. Basically, its not that complicated to make frendz.....  u dunt need to organize or to plan it... frenz are made if the mindsets are matched. It can be anywhere and by any incident....! people here, expect different things from their frendz to be fulfilled which is quite impossible. You should be considerate enough in managing yourself first before entering into a relationship (Frendship).

Hi, one idea would be to attend local club organized events periodically conducted.e.g, expat's country festivals, xmas etc..muscat & sohar there are few good gatherings like this

P101 wrote:

Hi, one idea would be to attend local club organized events periodically conducted.e.g, expat's country festivals, xmas etc..muscat & sohar there are few good gatherings like this

Thats one fantastic idea....   there must be a workou on it to arrange a Oman expat-blog get together.. as a team..

Friendship begins with mutual understanding.  It is a mutually rewarding aspect.  A give and take policy.  It is not biased either with gender, nationality, personality or even your shortcomings.  How you deal with it really matters.  Be positive and be good, you will have friends in plenty.  All the best.

(moderated: not a dating website)

Hey guys.. a whole new world of brand new frenz for me!!! Sounds kool.. I was wondering if ne one can helo me out here.. M working and doing my MBA in Muscat.. as part of one of my assignments i have to interview some folks from Azerbaijan.. incase ne1 kows of sum1 thru ur network then pls email me ([email protected])... m sure tht wen we meet, the assignment's not gonna be the only topic of discussion!!!

Samir Sanil wrote:

Hey guys.. a whole new world of brand new frenz for me!!! Sounds kool.. I was wondering if ne one can helo me out here.. M working and doing my MBA in Muscat.. as part of one of my assignments i have to interview some folks from Azerbaijan.. incase ne1 kows of sum1 thru ur network then pls email me ([email protected])... m sure tht wen we meet, the assignment's not gonna be the only topic of discussion!!!

Why do u have to interview only the people from Azerbaijan ? is it a part of ur assignment as well ?? ;)

Yeah....thats the country i've chosen!!!

Hi

Hello ndonleo -> Could you please introduce yourself? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

hi guys
i am looking for friends here in oman.
came to this place a month back.
i am an party animal so pls do let me know if you have the same vibe so we can meetup.
thanks

[Moderated: Off topic]

Hi Guys I'm looking for someone working in the IT sector in Oman.

hello dear,
I very good day to you. I am called Mr. ndongafac Leonard from cameroon. I wanted to know how life in Oman is like and since I do not have any friend there,I would have love to make a short trip there, through ones help like you. I am waiting to hear from you. CIAO!!!

smile at all people and you'll have lot of friends..

+111111111

Hi Nafeesa,

Ramadan Mubaraka to you! How are you finding Muscat so far, I'd love to hear about life in Malaysia as that is one destination I'd love to know more about!

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,
Icey :cool::one

Nafeesa wrote:

Hi,i am Malaysian living and woking here in muscat. Looking for friends..

pls mail me at [email protected] or add me in yahoo msg soon

Hello yadav.saipem.

Would you mind introducing yourself to the other members?

Thanks

Karen :)