Retiring in Paradise

My wife and I are 55-65 yrs old and plan on "retiring" down south. We realized there are many concerns, medical, infrastructure, retaining Canadian amenities, safety etc.
Have any of you met and dealt with such concerns? Any help would be extremely beneficial.
Thanks for the help
Dave Gree

I would like to add questions of my own to soundman655's questions.
1) Is it possible to be a permanent resident of Antigua and Barbuda without obtaining citizenship?
2) Is a person of independent means, a person whose retirement income comes from outside of Antigua and Barbuda, subject to income tax?

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : No free advertising please + register in the business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

This information is related to Citizenship by investment i.e. you put money into the country and get a passport / nationality.

I assume you just want to retire there?   The information related to residence and visas is on the immigration website of Antigua.

http://www.immigration.gov.ag/frequentl … rmit-faqs/

Thank you very much for your kindness and helpful information.

Dear Xtang,
Thank you so much for your kindness and helpful information but I checked everywhere concerning the Person of Independent means visa requirements but can't find any information concerning this. In South America for example they have a possibility to apply for a retirement Visa with easy steps to apply do they have in Antigua and Barbuda something similar like that? And how long does it takes to obtain Antigua and Barbuda citizenship?

Thanks for your information and time again.

With the best regards,
Drs.  J.C. Nobels
Tblisi - Georgia