New members of the England forum, introduce yourself here – 2017

Hi all,

Newbie on the England forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in England if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

PD : The thread New members of the England forum, introduce yourself here – 2016 continues below!

Hi,

i'm an italian guy that want to relocate to UK or find a new job and a new life style with my family.

I hope to find a lot good info and share my experience

GREAT!!!

MY Real Name is Tigist Lev in Ethiopia am 29 yers old at this time i want husband and work am christian

Next time i tell you more more and more about me

Moved from the US to London about 6 months ago for a new role within my company, and am excited to explore London and the EU even more! In my spare time, trying to start up a an expat/travel blog at helloandcheerio.com

My Name is Meseret I lIve in Ethiopia am mother of cildren age 34 i wont work and come England plese help me.more contact by this email

Moderated by Christine 7 years ago
Reason : please do not post your contact details on the forum. Thank you

Hi, I am a Czech girl living in Stoke on Trent, UK. I am a translator with passion for travelling, photography and good food and drinks. And I like to write about it all on my blog called Tasting the World. See you there!

Hello, I am from London x

Hi there
How are you doing X
I live in Brighton but want to move to hurghada at the end of the year . Are you
Living in Egypt if so do you enjoy it and is it hard to get work as a tourist xx thanks for getting in touch kathy

Fattybumbum2017 wrote:

Hi there
How are you doing X
I live in Brighton but want to move to hurghada at the end of the year . Are you
Living in Egypt if so do you enjoy it and is it hard to get work as a tourist xx thanks for getting in touch kathy

Hi Kathy,

I'd recommend you placing this request in out Egypt Forum; this link will take you there.

Hi everyone,
I am a new member in this Platform
I m an accountant living in Marrakech and want to move to London..

yes i help

Hi Thomas
Do you live in Egypt then what do you do there , I want to get a job and set up a new life in hurghada but heard there's not many jobs going out there for expats . Be great to get some advice and help of you thanks kathy x

hello everyone

my name is Zahra im moroccan , married i moved to live in the uk in leeds and i would like to have friends living in leeds :)

hi i am interested in bying an appartment in the aqua palms resort hurgarda egypt can enyone tell me if this a good move to make and does anyone know when you step outside the accomadation whats there regards Pauline

aqua palm resort wrote:

hi i am interested in bying an appartment in the aqua palms resort hurgarda egypt can enyone tell me if this a good move to make and does anyone know when you step outside the accomadation whats there regards Pauline

You will get a better response asking on Egypt page. But please beware not everyone are who they say they are.

Hello!
I am muslim Indonesian. I would like to know if I can apply for any kind of job soon after I move into England.
Thankyou!

Hello,

My name is Sean and i am a student of computer science in an university at Brisbane.

I intend to pursue job opportunities in the United Kingdoms and have joine dthe forums seeking help.

Cheers!
Sean S

Hello,

I am Bertrand a 25 years old French student doing my internship till September. I'm new in London and I'd like to meet people to hang out with, check out my profile to see my interests (I like almost anything).

Cheers
Bertrand

Welcome Bertrand to Expat.com :)

I would recommend to start off a fresh thread, you will get a better response

SimCityAT
Expat.com Expert Team

Hi

I'm an English girl looking for help & advice for an Iranian friend hoping to move to the UK 😊

Hi i am from NY

New to Forum. Based in london

Hola,

I am Patty from Guatemala. I live in England now and I help people settle here. At the BME Network in Weston-super-Mare we give free English lessons and help people find work and access services.

Specially if you are from a tropical country like myself, we aim to help people to learn how to use heaters and eat seasonally. Where is so much stuff different in England and the culture is important to know (have you heard about the invisible queue at the pub?)

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Promotion of your own services in not allowed on the open forum. You should either register in the business directory or drop an advert in the classifieds. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello,
I'm a french guy who live currently in Normandy.
I keep on to improve my english skills by many ways, and I'm still searching for an opportunity allowing me to "expatriate" myself again.
And I thought about the UK...
I'm looking forward to have great talks with you all.
Later.

Hi fahad here living in leeds

Hi Kim and welcome to the Forum. :)

The UK has placed restrictions on the ability on non EU passport holders coming to live and work there.  There is a list of "shortage occupations" on the UK Government website; this link will take you there.  If you fit into any of those and can find a job where they are willing to sponsor you, then you should be able to get in.

Hope this helps.

Hi, I am Mary. I was born in Germany but I lived in GB. Now I am traveling around the world and freelancing. Nice to meet you all here)))

Hi . My name is Thao and living in hcmc  I used to travel in uk for once . It's amazing and now i would like to go there one time again in july before my visa will be expired
Im happy to make new friends in there
Cheers

Hi Guys and dolls, sorry Ladies and gentlemen,

This is just to ask for help also to let you all know who we are, my name is Dale and my wife is Efie, i am a londoner who has been living with my greek wife and family in Athens, Greece, We are moving back to London for business and personal reasons in a weeks time, this will be my wifes first time out of Greece, so if anyone would like to maybe make friends once we have settled in to our new job and home, please let us know, as it would be nice to make new friends in London.

All the best to all and thank you in advance.

Hello Everyone!  :)

I'm Roya, I'm from the U.K, and I currently live in Bexleyheath, Kent.

I moved back to the U.K in May 2017 after living and working in China as an English Teacher for almost 2 years.

Hello. My name is Priscilla. I am from Jakarta, Indonesia. I'm visiting UK from 24 Jun until 8 Jul, this would be my first time. I'll be staying nearby London generally.

I know some people and some of my acquaintances in the UK. But it would be great if I could meet some Indonesian fellow, and also non-Indonesian, to make new friends, meet some new people.
Please let me know if you might have free time, so we can arrange to meet up, or maybe you can advise me places to visit.

I'd be glad to hearing from you. Thank you, guys!

Hi! I am Venezuelan, with a British boyfriend, I would like to find the way to stay longer periods of time in the UK in a legal way...I have a tourist visa, so I have visited the UK a few times already. Is there any Venezuelan around?

My name is Whitney Douglas. I'm 24 years old. I'm working in Moshi, Tanzania at a volunteers hostel called Hostel Hoff with my boyfriend Tom. He's from Taunton,England. I've signed up to this website so i can ask questions and learn some stuff which are going to be useful for my future life/studying in England. I'm looking forward to chat with you guys :)

Hi Whitney.
Good luck with your plans. It's not easy but it is possible. See the Uk visa govt site for official information.
To stay permanently you need to show your marriage to your husband either common law marriage or official. Thereafter he has to show he can support you there. Then you will have to apply and pay all the fees.

Not that easy not that hard
Wish you good luck

I am Namuddu irene kiiza, together with my husband we  want  relocate to England

Good day all
My name is Johan Muller.  I am a 27 year old South African looking at the possibility of immigrating to the UK.

Its something I've always wanted to do but it just seems impossible as you dont even know where to start at.

I am finishing up my degree (Bcom in Law) at the end of the year and as such I think that puts me in a slightly better position when attempting to find employment in the UK and then making the big move.

Would love some input and help on how one makes such a move, where to find employment, where to live, etc.  Such a daunting prospect but its something I really want to do.

I am also an avid Arsenal supporter (yes I know, sad) and an all round sports lover, so the chance to go watch some games over a weekend, watch some rugby, play some golf, etc is really appealing to me.

Hi Johan and welcome to the Forum.

At the top of the page is our Handy Tools link, select that and you'll get a link to our Expat Guides which may answer many questions you may have.

Law is a funny thing in the UK; I know many people with law degrees that can't get any work as a lawyer in the UK.  Mainly because they can't get into a firm to sponsor them through LLP and then the 2-year training.

My advice is to contact the UK Law Society for some advice; this link will take you there.

As for being an Arsenal fan, well I guess somebody has to be. :)

Cynic
Expat Team (Fulham supporter)

Cynic wrote:

Hi Johan and welcome to the Forum.

At the top of the page is our Handy Tools link, select that and you'll get a link to our Expat Guides which may answer many questions you may have.

Law is a funny thing in the UK; I know many people with law degrees that can't get any work as a lawyer in the UK.  Mainly because they can't get into a firm to sponsor them through LLP and then the 2-year training.

My advice is to contact the UK Law Society for some advice; this link will take you there.

As for being an Arsenal fan, well I guess somebody has to be. :)

Cynic
Expat Team (Fulham supporter)

Although its a Bcom Law degree its not necessarily a degree that you can use to practice law.

It has a balance of financial, law and taxation modules.  The ultimate plan is to more courses for internal auditing, with compliance and risk management also a major focus point of mine.

But Ill go through all the info available on the site and see where I stand.  I really do want to make the move, but it is difficult. 

If I might ask, what is in your opinion the most sought after graduates or skilled workers in the UK?  I am planning on doing various courses once my degree is complete so maybe a focus on one area where there might be a shortage in the UK could be the way to go.

Closed