Dreaming England

Hey guys.
I'm an italian girl and I'm 20 years old.
I would like to move to England, but I don't know where I have to stay to learn English well and to look for job without problems.
I had thought to live in Leeds, but I also had thought to live in Bristol ,Glasgow, Birmingham, Bristol.
I'm really confused because I have never been in England and I don't know which is the right place to stay :/

what field are you interested in?

Field regarding job?
As waitress or something else in tourism sectors.

Hi nana00,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I have moved your topic on the England forum.

Please do not hesitate to have a look here: https://www.expat.com/en/guide/europe/england/

All the best,
Christine

Good afternoon nana00

Most big cities have a thriving social community (café, restaurant, bar) - but because a lot of these places are closing down due to lack of trade (general economy), there are few jobs and many applicants.

Example: I have 30 years of bar work behind me and when I moved to my village 20 years ago there were 3 pubs to choose to work in. Now there is only one. This is the situation in the UK in the hospitality vector.

Maybe look online for opportunities? I would assume that there is a website for the hospitality trade.

If I can help you please let me know. Good luck,

Chuckle.

Thanks for all informations.
My great fear is moving in England(maybe in Leeds) and not finding a job.
I imagined there were few jobs and many applicants, but I thought there were also places in which I could have got a job more easily.
I don't know websites for hospitality trade. Could you give more informations? Are they useful?
What could I do to make easier finding a job?
Sorry for the trouble  :cheers:

Nana00,

you are welcome.

I will look for website's tomorrow and post them for you.

Good night for now   ;)

Hi, Nana,

1st you need to choose the town where you would like to live and do a little research about life there... and compare with more towns... to choose one not very expensive... (if you don't have friends there is better to choose one town where you have jobs and where you can live without expend a lot of money); 2nd you need to have your National Insurance Number  to start working; 3rd , you need to be registered with agencies for temporary jobs... make phone calls or text them requesting work... it's not easy start a new life  in another country... but can be also very good and a good challenge... best wishes...
Lubaptista

Hi,

Leeds is a great place to live! Lots of international students! Lots of job opportunities and lots of culture! It really is a beautiful place to live!

Best wishes
Jane