New members of the England forum, introduce yourself here – 2017

It's nice to meet you on here, Jez! :)

It's nice to meet you too, John! :)

Hi  :)
i'm zaynab from mauritius. And i would like to move to birmingham.

To be honest with you, my experience in China wasn't great. :( I guess that everyone is different!

Hello :)

My name is Roya and I'm British, and I am currently living in the U.K. :)

I would like to meet some new people and make new friendships. :)

HELLO, guys 
How are you, i am from india, but rightnow i am living peru, i want to move, uk,
its possible to give me some information about visa,job etc....
Waiting for your response..
Have a good time,,

Hello everyone...
I'm Liv... new to the forum. I'm Ecuadorian, 22 years old.
Currently engaged to a wonderful english man.
We have been volunteering now in Israel for almost a year.
Trying to relocate to England to have our baby and settle.

:cheers:

I am Leesa Johnson, connected here for solving threads relevant to me and also post general tips on education. I work with ' Select My Tutor' as a French tutor, providing online teaching services in the UK.

Hey! I'm Binetou 21 years from Senegal but living in Italy. I love traveling, but now I'm thinking of moving to England definitively. Can anybody give me some advice? If there's someone in my case, plz dont hesitate to contact me. 🙏🙏

hi there
i live in uk. am indian. sikh, retired colonel from parachute regt.i am planning to spend considerable time in nepal pokhara and spain near murcia and uk
i am semi retired
in nepal i will like to do outdoor activities , teach children english free etc
spain is for sunshine
have a house in india too
any ideas
harry

Salu ca va bien

Sboudj100 wrote:

Salu ca va bien

Please, can you write in English as this an English written forum.

Thank you for your understanding

Hi, I am Matteo. My father is from UK and my mother from Italy. Born and raised in UK, though. Currently working as pest control expert. I would be happy to contribute to this forum with anything related to my professional expertise. In addition to this, I can cover a lot of other topics related to my hobbies and interests.

Hello,

I'm not new to England just new to this website.  I have lived here for 15 years now.
I actually joined for tips for my colleagues who travel the globe a lot.  This year myself I have been abroad twice for work and it would have been nice to have some tips and advice before I went.
I hope that's ok I'm equally happy to provide tips for either here in London or Auckland in NZ which is where I'm from.

Cheers.

Hi,
My name is Dalia and I moved to Liverpool 5 years ago. I came here as a graduate student and now I work as marketing and recruitment consultant. If you are looking for a Sales Career in Liverpool, I can help you out :)

Hi D.alfred and welcome to the Forum.

If you can help our members find work, can I ask that you place the details in our "Jobs" section at the top of the page.

A word of warning to all members; please do not post your personal information on the Forum, please use our PM system for exchanges of such information.

Further - user beware when responding to jobs on the internet; never pay for a job, never exchange your banking details or other personal information until you have checked that the offer is bona-fide.  If something is too good to be true, then it probably is.

Thanks for your message. The job is posted on the forum 'Jobs' section :)

Looks like I am on the wrong forum...
I just want to find a writers' group on Canary islands  for a period of writing revision among fellow writers. I cannot find one on Google (during the months Jan to March)

Good luck to other seekers

Percypop

Hi My name is Guy Bokole, i have been here in England for 18 years it was not easy when i first came here but it is all good now as i had accomplished my masters degree now looking forwad for next adventure in Africa

Hi all.
Me nia kurniati from indonesia..
I realky want ti work and move to manchester uk.i have invation from rota townhouse hotel for interview but im not attending there because the time too short.they are give me invation to attending desember 13 they send me attend one they before time up.im so exited and happy the othe side i dont have visa and work permit.please somebody give me chance or info for work at hotel as cook or chef thank you so much.

Nia kurniati wrote:

Hi all.
I realky want ti work and move to manchester uk.i have invation from rota townhouse hotel for interview but im not attending there because the time too short.they are give me invation to attending desember 13 they send me attend one they before time up.im so exited and happy the othe side i dont have visa and work permit.please somebody give me chance or info for work at hotel as cook or chef thank you so much.

Hi Nia and welcome to the Forum,

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but even if this job is legitimate, you will not get a work permit to come and work in the UK.  Immigration into the UK is very restricted at the moment and your employer will have to sponsor your visa and even then, these are restricted to certain specific professions, of which cook/chef is not one of them.

One final piece if advice, do not pay any money to anybody in regards to this (or any) job.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Nia kurniati wrote:

Hi all.

I'm afraid that this job offer sounds to good to be true, and most probably is a scam of some sort I'm sorry to say. UK firms rather employ people from the EU first as they don't need any visa.

As Cynic has said do not give any money over.

Hi cynic
Thank you so much...

Hi!

I'm Nicole, and I have fulfilled a life goal of mine by travelling to England recently. Now I would love to work here for an extended period 1-3 months for starters. I enjoy reading, writing, and would ADORE an apprenticeship position. Could anyone walk me through that? I am a bit overwhelmed.

Hi Nicole and welcome to the Forum.

Just to confirm that you do have a work visa?

If you have arrived on a tourist visa, then you may not work in the UK and would be deported if caught.

Hello !!!

My name is Kawtar, I am French, with Moroccan roots, &&&& I am sooooo in LondonLove :):) so I plan to move to London by the end of February 2018 to study English at the beginning, then hopefully, to work.

I can't wait to be there, but I have to organize everything before I move, that's what brought me here!!

If someone wants to share their experience of London life, their thoughts on where to study English and where to live,  it will be highly appreciated !!! You can send me messages or just reply here..

:):)

Hello! Hope it's not too late for me to join this forum.

I am Famie.
I used to live in the UK years ago and now looking for any chances to get relocate back there. I am a chemical engineer and currently living and working in Kuala Lumpur.

Cheers!

No I do not have either a work or a tourist visa. I really was looking for the first step in what I would need to do. I'm THAT ignorant of it ;)

AramisX wrote:

No I do not have either a work or a tourist visa. I really was looking for the first step in what I would need to do. I'm THAT ignorant of it ;)

The UK Government are being very restrictive on permitting immigration from non-EU countries. 

Unless you have a key-skill; that is deemed as being in short supply in the UK (this link will take you to the website with the lists), you may struggle.

So, to get in, you need to have one of the skills on the list, plus find an employer who is willing to sponsor your work permit and pay you a salary commensurate with the list.

HI all,

My name is Azario gilang,
im from Indonesia, ****

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please drop an advert in the jobs section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi everyone,

My name is Philip Oamen, a Ph.D (Law)  researcher at the University of Birmingham. I'm new in Birmingham and want to make new friends and possibly get a part-time job.  Thanks.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=751310

Thanks!

Closed