Which is the better bank in terms of retail banking?

Dear All,

Can someone recommend a good bank in muscat for retail banking. I was using EmiratesNBD in Dubai and was very happy. I need a very strong net/App/ mobile banking and good credit card ( with lots of goodies , esp cash backs  )with bank with I intend to have my salary transfer .

Any recommendations? Please advise.

Hi Sahali,

Bank Muscat (BM) and the National Bank of Oman (NBO) are both leading local banks, strong with their retail banking portfolios.

If you are looking for Islamic Banks, then consider Al Yusr (of Oman Arab Bank), Meethaq (BM) and Muzun (NBO). They too offer pretty much the same products and services, albeit, in a different (Islamic / Halal) format.

Here usually, an expatriate employee's bank account will be decided by the employer for salary transfer reasons.

Depending on the size and worth of the company, the banks too offer some special offers and discounts on select products and services for their corporate clients.

So if your company is one of those, you would, for example, get a credit card with no annual membership fee or discounted interest rates on insurance products, et al.

Thank you for your reply . My company is one leading firm and they wouldn't have a problem with  the bank of my choice. Ideally I prefer having all the accounts and credit card with one bank with a strong online banking facility.