Property prices in Paraguay

Hello everyone,

Finding affordable housing in Paraguay is number one priority for newcomers. Tell us more about the estate market in your district/city/region.

What are the most desired places to live? What are the most affordable ones? What is the average cost of a rented flat? And what is the average sale price for an appartment or a house? Could you tell us more about local real estate policies/procedures? What about property tax or residency tax in Paraguay?

What about you? Where do you live now? Is it a place you would recommend?

Thank you in advance for your clarifications.

Priscilla

Since most areas in and around cities in South America have a problem with air pollution* it is really hard to find a neighborhood with clean air. I lucked out and found a small unfurnished 1 bedroom apartment in a clean air area (between Luque and Asuncion) for almost $200 a month but most semi-nice houses in and around the city of Asuncion are $400 or more (on up to $2000).

*by "air pollution" I don't mean it's so bad that the air is hazy and the city warns you to stay inside. Yes some cities are that bad but Asuncion is just slightly polluted, not enough for the typical insensitive American to even notice. I do because being exposed to even a low level of pollution for a few hours messes with the clarity of my thinking and my mouth starts to go numb. I'm like the canary in the mine shaft.

Hola Priscilla. Where are you from? Do you live in Paragujay now? My wife is from Paraguay. She has a house near San Lorenza and we will probably build another house near there for us. In the meantime we will find somewhere to rent while we get organised. Saludos. Ciao

@ Pedroec1 > Please note that i am not from Paraguay, i am a member of the Expat.com team. ;)

Thank you for your participation to this thread and thanks to jaguar57 as well.

Priscilla

Hello Priscilla My wife and I are from NYC, we moved to PY without really looking into a steady property to purchase and build on, but we're currently renting a lovely 2 bedroom 1 bath oversized Apartment in a Newly built Gated community for 1.500.000Gs. Per month no security deposit with a 1 car parking spot, it has a 24 hour 3 man security team that keep a watchful eye on things..great place.

YankeeinPY,
I'm from Philly, have Permanent Residency, and have been considering investment in land property over there.  Are you in Asuncion?

My wife and built a home about 10 years ago. It's for sale

Hi how big is the house, where is it and how much are you wanting to sell it for? Regards Mike

@GuestPoster12363 hi there, that's really interesting. Where is the apartment? Do you have any contact or the website you found it on? We are an English / Malaysian couple currently airbnb although such a community sounds good. Similar situation but from the uk.

Hello Thommo76,

This member is no longer on the website .... You can check the ads under the Housing in Paraguay or post your own "looking for" ad in the same section.

All the best

Bhavna

Hi friends, we live in the south of the country in a German colony ( a small, quiet, safe town  - Hohenau, many people from Europe live in our town. Our town has the title "the capital of migrants.) and we have an offer to rent a house with furniture. Who is interested, write to private messages. Ok, have a good day. Regards, Helena.

Hello Helena Mores,

Please note that advertising is not allowed on the forum.

That being said, I invite you to post an advert in the Housing in Paraguay section.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@Cheryl Ok. I get it. I thought my post was about the forum topic. I won't do it again.1f642.svg

We want the forum to remain a place for discussion only, as we have several different sections for all types of advertising. 1f609.svg