Property prices in Cebu

Hello everyone,

Finding affordable housing in Cebu is number one priority for newcomers. Tell us more about the estate market in your district/city/region.

What are the most desired places to live? What are the most affordable ones? What is the average cost of a rented flat? And what is the average sale price for an appartment or a house? Could you tell us more about local real estate policies/procedures? What about property tax or residency tax in Cebu?

What about you? Where do you live now? Is it a place you would recommend?

Thank you in advance for your clarifications.

Priscilla

Hello Precilla,
My name is Lucy and I have posted my rental last Friday on the housing section. I am standing by when my post will be up.
Tittle:  Gorgeous Beach front House for rent.
Please advise.  Thanks Precilla.
Lucy

Hi Islandgirl,

I am planning to move to Cebu and trying to understand rent with in Cebu city and out of city. My offc will near to Cebu IT park. I am single and will move alone.

Hi Ajay, it depends what you want, there are numerous options, I initially rented a single room with a bed and am now in a two bedroom condo. Prices also vary depending what you want. You can get a simple room only for around php5000 up to php20000.
The condo I'm in is a two bedrom condo on Mactan with a gated entrance and guard for php12000. Electric and water on top is around php6000 but there are four of us so yours should be cheaper.
It ahs air con in the two bedrooms also.

Just saw this post. Santa Fe, in northern Cebu, is a tourist town. But, a lot of expats been flocking here to live full-time. Really, the cost is all about location. Over last 3 years, I've rented 2 bd/2 cr homes very near or right on the beach for 15k. Furnished, western style. Further in-land, 6-8k can be about the same. I run aircon all hours, for 4k a month. 1k brings me good unlimited wifi. My best friend here, a Filipino from Manila, owns a real estate company, and he often asks me to tag along when expats come to look around. So, I know property prices pretty well. Not many beach lots anymore, but can be had for 10k a sq mt. Pure white sand. 1000 sq mt lot, with nice home 40 meters from the beach is 5 million. Again, location. I know of a 1,500 sq mt lot just outside of town, 1 km from the water, but lot is up on a hill, with ocean view, for p600 sq mt. I know of many more, but this gives a general overview answer to the OP's question.

Hi

When you mentioned on your post (( right on the beach for 15k)) what currency are you referring too, please

Lol...Pisos. The local currency.

can you provide pictures and the facilities , how about the rental cost

What? I'm not digging and sifting through thousands of photos here. Google "Sugar Beach Resort." 2 years ago, I had a nice upstairs 2 bd/2 cr western style place overlooking that beach for 15k. I currently live in a similar place 40 meters from that beach for 15k a month. It was a brand new build. I'm the first tenant. I am simply answering the OP's question.