Are you happy in the United Arab Emirates?

Hello everyone!

According to the 2016 UN World Happiness Survey, Denmark, Switzerland and Iceland are the happiest countries on earth.

How about you? Are you happy in the United Arab Emirates? Do you feel happier today in your host country than before in your home country? What has contributed to the change?

In your opinion, are locals in the United Arab Emirates happy? How can you tell?

Please share your experience!

The UAE rank 28th in that ranking. 157 countries were studied. It is an honorable ranking.

Hard to say, there are happy and sad people all around the world. I advice everybody to be happy with what u have and still look for a better life..

al hamdul illah; this is next to only heavan, as far as I know.

Hey!

Yes here feel well happiness i love UAE :heart:

Good morning Dubai,

My name is Vuyokazi Dolo(Masuku) from A South Africa.I have been in Dubai for four and half year and it is amazing.

Dubai is one of the most beautiful cities in the world, that continues to break the boundaries,a miracle city, from a desert to the world's number tourist destination.A city that dreams big and makes it happen,that same energy is rubbing off to everyone living here. It is the most and exciting  city, there is always something mind blowing being done or created to improve the city and its sorrounding for the benefit of its people and for future generations.

It is also one most safest cities in the world,the law on those who tend to break it,is very hush, that no one takes a chance.You travel around anytime,if you loose your wallet, computer, laggage or any of your possessions anywhere, you will find it still safely kept.

Family oriented city, that promotes unity, marriage and family values, almost everyone I know is married or about to get married. Which is something that possibly wouldn't have happened in their country of origin.

The respect for woman here is amazing, woman are treated like an egg, in public places there is separate places for woman to sit without rubbing thighs and shoulder with men they don't know.By law woman work less hours and should not work at night.From an early age young girls and boys are thought to respect one another and the elders.Self respect is big here.

Education, there is such big variety of schools and universities from all over world with the highest curriculum  standard to choose from.Dubai also offer lots of museums, zoo's, science labs,solar system and libraries, and fun and futuristic places to learn from.

Religion, I have learned a lot about Islam religion and it is humbling to see such loyalty,dedication and respect around religion. In a city filled with more than 205 world nationalities, there are churches around to suit almost everyone religion,I respect that.

Fun places, from the desert safari,the mountain in Al Ain and their zoo,sky diving,water parks,indoor sport centers,the Abu Dhabi Ferrari world and the worlds biggest roller  costa,tallest building in world( Burg Khalifa), biggest mall in the world( Dubai mall)and building the Mall of the World and Burg Dubai,Dubai Opera house, biggest flower garden in the world, to the Floating Villas,to the driverless cars.

There are compulsory laws around employment, that companies should offer accommodation, transport and some offer food and fairness and safety is key.

There is so much to see, experience and learn fro in the UAE and especially Dubai.It is an honor to be here right now, its positivity is rubbing off in me and I love it.The idea of making something out of nothing, dreaming big and making it happens no matter what, but also no matter how much you achieve, continue to stay grounded to your roots and values.What a great place to live in.

No matter what you are looking for in Dubai, you will find it in highest standard possible.

Happy reading and happy stay,
Vuyokazi Ingrid Dolo

Great post...

Hello Besties,

UAE was good and always best place.. but only irritating is Humidity..that's the issue.. apart of that..Very Enjoying the Locations..

Peace..

Rgds - Bala :)

Hi everyone, I m new here I want to find friends here!!!

Tnxxxx....

I agree so much with u...

Hello There,
I am very happy here. There is no negativity about this land. I have been living in UAE for last 13 years and it has been a great place to live for any nationality or religion. We are equally treated here. I have everything here except my mother around....

Tnxxx so much for this...

Hi I am Nandu, living in Dubai for the past 13 years.
Yes I am so happy in the United Arab Emirates , the reasons follow-
1) World's best sincere and dedicated leaders who aim at the best quality of life here
2) Developments developments everywhere . Positive vibration everywhere.
3) The Richest to the Poorest - all are happy here.
4) World's safest place for women. You can walk on the roads even at 2 AM
5) Best Police Best Ambulance Service Best Roads Best Cleanliness
6) Charity at its best, the leaders helping children around the world, help delete poverty from earth
7) Non political non corrupt staff
8) Muncipality and Telecom also RTA doing great service. Sharp timings for Metro train and Buses
9) Only complaint is about taxi drivers they are not clean and talk rough but world over they are same
10) Educated Arab men and Women at Government offices , most of them are polite, they smile at you, they welcome you, they talk nice
These are the reasons I love UAE , I am so happy to be here.
Nandu

Sure! I am happy in UAE. Justice here prevail and I feel safe. Most people are clean and cheerful.

yes happy days in uae were before 2009.

since then not a happy place lets see 2017!

Yes Al hamdulillah this is nice place

All Indian , Pakistanis , Africans must be Happy .... looooooool

Gentle&Smiling wrote:

Hi I am Nandu, living in Dubai for the past 13 years.
Yes I am so happy in the United Arab Emirates , the reasons follow-
1) World's best sincere and dedicated leaders who aim at the best quality of life here
2) Developments developments everywhere . Positive vibration everywhere.
3) The Richest to the Poorest - all are happy here.
4) World's safest place for women. You can walk on the roads even at 2 AM
5) Best Police Best Ambulance Service Best Roads Best Cleanliness
6) Charity at its best, the leaders helping children around the world, help delete poverty from earth
7) Non political non corrupt staff
8) Muncipality and Telecom also RTA doing great service. Sharp timings for Metro train and Buses
9) Only complaint is about taxi drivers they are not clean and talk rough but world over they are same
10) Educated Arab men and Women at Government offices , most of them are polite, they smile at you, they welcome you, they talk nice
These are the reasons I love UAE , I am so happy to be here.
Nandu

Great observation, thanks. We aim for better goals for the future.

Hello

Happiness is a relative term and it varies from time to time and person to person. The moment we achieve something, happiness vanish, it remain until it is not achieved or we lose it.

Is there any place better than Dubai in this world, again it depends on an individual's priorities so I would say it could be the happiest place for some one and happier for some other lot and so on

kishoremj14 wrote:

yes happy days in uae were before 2009.

since then not a happy place lets see 2017!

Has something changed since 2009?

Happiness is not the state we arrived at, it is the attitude of traveling through life

So nicely said...

This topic just struck my radar this afternoon... To put it bluntly, no, i am not happy. I moved here in January, having previously lived in NYC and born and raised Australia.
Dubai has been a rollercoaster of ups and downs-- of which the ups, though ecstatic at the time, are very short lived. The downs here, for some reason, are a constantly returning state, and is more prevalent the moment when I step back in the country after a holiday in a more down to earth country.
Though i don't like to base happiness on your surroundings, that happiness is a state that someone can maintain no matter where they are in the world-- i think it does attribute a somewhat factor to a person's wellbeing.

Let me explain. Infact i'll just put in bullet points since i'm short in time.
1- People- there has been nowhere quite similar in the world to the amount of fake, shallow, self centered people i have met in Dubai. The quality of friends i have is poor. I feel a lot of people have their own agenda, and motivated by greed and only care to do what is suitable for them.
2 - Hence, forget about dating. I was previously in relationships that lasted beyond a year in other countries, and always thought myself a relationship person. However, since coming into this country, wow-- hello! to fucked up relationships that don't have a beginning or end, that are mind fucks and dont ring any essence of a healthy relationship so to speak. OK, so perhaps it is the poor choices that i made, mainly to satisfy my interest in getting into circles with the ... actually, i don't want to stereotype but i get an inkling that many of you would be aware of what i'm referring to. Get.The.Fuck.Out of this toxic waste dump of a dating hole!
3- Inequality. I yearn to be in a country where equal rights are shared. I don't wish to see any more of this sub par treatment given to certain nationalities, it is disrespectful and intolerable. To see this active in job recruitment ads, when giving service.. it is abhorrent.
4- Nothing is real here. Even the food does not taste good so to speak, you have a good steak, but do you taste it? Luxury gets vulgar, and there's none of that old wealth that are down to earth you see in America. Ok, there are, but they are in the shadows from the lunatics who spend millions of DHS on a bloody special number plate. Rubbish value systems here.
5- Sunny all year round ain't quite bad. But still, if it's that bad that i need to escape for 3 months of the year, it does say something. And it ain't gonna get cooler with the coming months.
6- Uneducated people around, including the rich. Idiots everywhere. Uneducated=no manners= poor etiquette. The amount of times that women feel uncomfortable with stares from a bared arm etc.

I think this place is OK if you come here with a partner, and perhaps have a stable family routine, a rock you can lean on. Otherwise, coming here as a singleton, there is nowhere in the world i've lived that you feel more lonely. It's something unique to Dubai, and what it is I can't quite put my finger on it.
I can't say I've made any real friendships, and to those that thought you were your friends, wait for the situation where you need someone. Ghost.

I think Dubai should come with a warning sign. Too many people get stuck here and don't see reality. If you are lucky enough to have the option to escape....
I think the longer you stay here, the longer you get comfortable staying in this bubble. Trust me, there are far more real places to live, and sure, you get the convenience of catching a cab here everyday to work and getting an apple delivered to your door, but is it worth your soul?

Respect for sharing what you just said for someone like me who's born and raised in this country I cannot agree with you more as I am an expat myself currently trying to migrate to Australia...unequality ethics..rights and the meaning of friendship is what this country lacks ...29 years and I can honestly say I have just one friend I can truly count on...reading what you wrote I feel like you have written my life story...😂👍🏻

Tnx for expressing urself....

OMG! Girl, you're making me all excited about my next destination. I can't wait to be there.

Hard to say....

Make a plan for happiness....

Happiness remain in our heart and know how to be happy with what you have!! Sometime the tendency of human being is to get more and more to be happy, but rarely money only bringst the happiness. Content with what you have and to live with what you have and to be happy is an art...! Dont think all are happy here, but I have spent all my life in this beautiful country who have looked after me, developed me and shown the way to grow in life...so i am completely happy in life in UAE. Very secular, very safe and multinational expats living together with calm and peace! Bravo@@

what a post....

Thank you!

Hi. What did you mean by "if you're lucky enough to have the option to escape...."? Is it difficult to leave UAE and go back to your country?
Thanks

Hello, please can someone with hepatitis B work in an aluminum company in Dubai as a Helper. My friend us in Dubai currently working with such company but he is hepatitis B carrier, can he pass through medicals to get his permit. Kindly help me on WhatsApp on ***