New in Johannesburg - looking for friends

Hi all,

I'm Nina from Denmark. I am 23 years old. I just moved to Johannesburg to do an internship and will stay here until Christmas.

I don't know any people here, so I am looking for people to hang out with, go for drinks, go for tours and so on.

Anyone in the same situation, or any good advice on where and how to meet other young people in Johannesburg? :)

Br, Nina

hi Nina, where in Johannesburg Will you be based? I like meeting new people from different countries and wouldn't mind showing you around. You can inbox me.

Hi Nina,

Welcome to South Africa, I am certain you will enjoy your stay and good luck with the internship. I am proposing the safest way to hang around; for starters you can start by asking your colleagues where to suggest places to go. Chances are that they will want to take you to all the popular commercial tourist attractions, my take would be that you should resist that at all cost, at least for the 1st month. Request that they show you around in the neighbourhoods they normally hang around, that way you will experience the South African "vibe" 1st hand. It is also important to note that if your colleagues move in racial pairs (no integration of races in the group), you will be fed a lot of lies about South Africa, truth be told we are not as race blind as we want the world to believe.

Cheers,
Mbheki

hi nina welcome to south Africa, I'm sindiswa 26yrs I reside in palm ridge a location around Johannesburg, I'm a student at Boston city campus studying travel and tourism. write me an email if you would like to hang out *** I will then give you my number

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Hello Jo´burgers!

I´m in the city for a week, until Sat 19th Nov. Would love to meet up with you to go for a craft beer, coffee, cronut, jazz night and discover the neighborhoods. Anyone interested to meet a curious Mexican in town?

Cheers!

Romina