How to make friends in Johannesburg

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals or expatriates) when you're living in Johannesburg :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Johannesburg??

Thanks in advance for your participation

haha you should try yahoo chat rooms or some site like orkut or facebook

Actually, is very easy to make friends in Jo'Burg ! It's considered a highly dangerous city, but hanging in the Waterfront or Sandton City or any other mall, you can easily talk to anyone !

As a South African who s currently living abroad, I can relate to being lonely, and really just wanting to make friends. South Africans (and more so Joburgers!) or not a homogenous bunch... depending on who you are, it will be either easy or difficult to make real good fiends, but most would be amenable to being friendly ith you. If you academically inclined, and enjoy soem intellectual banter, then Exclusive Booksin Sandton (Mandela Square) should be a good place... its the quivalent of being in a pub and chatting to the guy next to you I suppose. If you a good looking woman (SA is a lot more onservative than what we all care to admit... and therefore I am not sre if this holds true for womanr!) then just hanging in he many coffee shops shouldn't be too difficult to get picked up?

The best advise though... is to try and make friends in the workplace.

I can relate to the loneliness. i have been in the Middle East 4 years now. i would not recommend keeping close friends in the work place. these websites do help to an extent.

:up:

Hi everyone, I'm new to this siter. My name is Clau. I moved to SA 7 years ago ...

I meet new people all the time at pubs :P You get some really friendly people.

Hi My name is Poonam and I am new to South Africa like we came a month back in johannesburg. Is there anyone from maharashtra India?

am looking to make friends in johannesburg as iw will be visiting th area  from 17 to 21 march 2013. Let me know if any ne is interested. thanks

Hi, I'm new in here.

hi i will be moving in to study in joburg around October will love to have new friends too any one who is interested.thanks

Hi José,

You contact me if you want to.

Bye

ok,thanks can i have ur email add or are u on Facebook so we can relate before i come around thanks a lot

My email is [email protected]

Hello johnny b. good 66 -> An introduction maybe?

--------------------------------

Hello guys.

Just to remind you that this thread title is How to make friends in Johannesburg. If you have some tips, do not hesitate to share them. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie`

Any nice expat/local for friendship. I am living alone in Joburg south africa

Africans are an inherently friendly people. The more you talk to them the more they talk back.

Hi there, I am also relocating to the middle east soon. Would like to make contact with you.
I am a teacher in JHB.
[email protected]