Customer care in the East Timor

Hello everyone,

The way customer services are handled can greatly affect your views on certain brands, products, companies or stores. As a consumer, it is important to get familiar with local practices regarding client assistance in the East Timor and try to understand how things work in the country.

How would you describe your customer service experiences in the East Timor?

Do you feel welcome when you enter a store? Do you get useful tips and advice?

Are after-sales services available in the East Timor?

Thanks for sharing your experience,

Priscilla

Hello,

Generally speaking, my customer service experiences in Dili, the capital city of Timor-Leste; are acceptable, although I cannot say really great. When I enter a store sometimes I do feel welcome, while sometimes I don't. I also notice that the store clerks most of the times do not smile. I don't know why. Is it just me? or they do it to customers in general. I don't always get useful tips and advice. Sometimes, they do not know how to answer my questions (i.e. about certain products / goods, etc.) probably due to lack of product knowledge. In other occasions, some good store clerks can answer and provide useful advice to me.

As for after-sales services, I would say they are available Dili, but I cannot comment about in the districts outside of the capital city.