Introducing myself

Hi everybody at this forum,
My name is Ana perez and I am from  Venezuela. I am a Montessori certified Teacher and work in a preeschool here in Caracas. I will be travelling to Edmonton hopefully in January to learn how to become a live in caregiver for children. I also hope that after my 7 months of training I will be able to get a job as nanny and be sponsored by an employer. I really want to live and work in Canada and learn as much as I can from the new experiences and people there :)

Thanks

Hi Layuyi,

Welcome to Expat.com and thanks for your introduction. :)

If you have any questions regarding expatriation, please feel free to ask.

Have you been to Edmonton before?

Thanks,

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hi Priscilla,

many thanks for your message. I have not been to Edmonton before, neither to Canada.
I am very excited and think it is quite a lovely place to be in. I dont know...
I would like to get a cheap mobile phone and laptop when I get there. Do you know about any bargain or second hand shops?

Thank you and have a wondeful time :)

Ana

You can use Kijiji.ca. Its a website where people sell 2nd hand stuff. Of course you have to becareful with some of the items posted there. As for laptops, go to bestbuy.ca and look for refurbished ones - they are typically cheaper. Or wait for the time when there's a big sale like Canada Day or Father's Day etc.

Hi there

Welcome to this forum. May i know why you choose Edmonton? I used to live and work there so you made a good choice 🙂

May i know what kind of child caregiver you meant? Where will you take the course?

Thanks

Boedi