Latin America's best universities are found in Brazil

Hello everyone,

If you are looking forward to study in Latin America, here is some interesting news for you.

According to Times Higher Education report published last week, the best Latin American universities are found in Brazil.

In this study, these universities were assessed on several criteria, namely the level and quality of teaching, research, sharing of knowledge, as well as international outlook, among others.

Brazil thus secures 5 places among the 10 best universities in South America and 23 places in the top 50. The University of São Paulo ranks 1st, followed by the State University of Campinas. The Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, the Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro and the Federal University of Minas Gerai rank 5th, 6th and 7th respectively.

Founded in 1934, the University of São Paulo is one of the largest higher education institutions in Latin America, with some 90,000 students enrolled in 11 campuses, 4 of which are found in São Paulo. It offers more than 200 undergraduate programs and 200 postgraduate programs in a variety of disciplines. It also attracts many foreign professors who are guarantors of the level of education and research in the country.

The State University of Campinas, for its part, is world famous in the research field. It particularly offers 70 science undergraduate programs and 150 postgraduate programs.

The top 10 also includes the Pontifical Catholic University of Chile and the University of Chile ranking 3rd and 4th respectively. The Monterrey Institute of Technology and Higher Education and the National Autonomous University of Mexico, for their part, rank 8th and 9th  respectively, followed by the University of the Andes in Colombia closing the top 10.

Find more information here:

www.timeshighereducation.com

Feel free to share your views with us.

Thank you in advance for your contribution.

Veedushi
Expat.com Team

Hi
Veedushi!
Have a nice weekend
     Thank you for sharing vital information for the people who are interested in studies. A few days ago, I had created a thread regarding some information related to masters and PhD studies. But no one replied me, I think it was not the interest for anyone in this forum. However,If you guide me about my queries, I would be very thankful to you :

Actually, I am looking for information about research opportunities for foreigners holding permanent visas in Brazil.
    I have a bachelor's degree in Earth Sciences. I want to ultimately get a PhD degree. I am also ready to get admission in a master programme by research to achieve my goal. But I am looking for research opportunities with the scholarship. Because I am going to choose those fields, that are most field oriented and a lot of investment is required. I want to do a research in either of  the following or related fields:

Petroleum Exploration/ Geophysics.
Mineral Exploration.
Engineering Geoscience.
Renewable Energy/Alternative Energy.
Marine Geoscience.
Environmental Geoscience
HydroGeology etc.

I would be grateful to you if you guide me in detail. Waiting for response very anxiously. Thanks a lot

Regards,
El Hasan

Hi El Hasan,

Thanks for your post.

Have you tried contacting Brazilian universities and research institutions to inquire about current opportunities?

You can check out the useful links provided in the article Study in Brazil in the Brazil Expat Guide.

Maybe this could also help you : www.educanpei.org.br

I really hope our members will be able to guide you further.

Wishing you all the best in your projects.

Regards,
Veedushi
Expat.com Team