convert family visit visa to working visa

Hi all,

I need information regarding if a person came to saudi with family visit visa is it possible for him to get job easily?..and how he going to convert the visit visa to working visa?..what is the procedure?..anybody had this experience before or any information regarding this matter..please advise

Thank you all

nomie, it depends on the kind of visit visa one have.

If it is a family dependent visit visa, then one cant work, this is for expatriates in the kingdom who are currently without their families, but would like to bring them on a visit visa for a short period, which can vary from 3 months to 9 months. They cant work absolutely.......

here is an official statement from one of the embessies on this family visit visa, [at]

"Family visit visas do not grant the applicant the right to work or reside in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia."

However, there are "business visit visas", that are issued for business men, working for companies outside Saudi Arabia so that they can come into the Kingdom to work with or for a Saudi company. The duration can be one, three or 6 months. It can also be used by companies to bring you into the kingdom to work on a short term contract, business study. Once the period is over, the person would need to go back and come back on a permanant Work visa if required.

If one is on a Family Visa, a job is waiting for you to join,  and decided to join it, one need to go outside of KSA and come back with a fresh work visa sponsored by the new employer to make them eligible to work in KSA.

So advise you to get more information about the present family visa status and have your next steps...........................

hi i m currently working in ksa i hv my wife with me , we left our child in india bcoz of my father .now my father is dead and my only son is of 4 years of age there is one there to look after him now i want to get my sons visa pleez hlp me

New topic