Self defense classes/trainer

Anyone know of a trainer in riyadh for females? Doesn't have to be female but suitable space must be available.

Hi Abbeymae,

I suggest you browse through the Sports classes in Riyadh section of the website, there may be adverts pertaining to your search.

You may as well drop your own advert so that you get some offers.

All the best,
Bhavna

One word of note.

Self defence classes are commonly useless as it's normally impossible for a woman to defend against a man effectively unless she's trained for many years, or has been trained in short sharp shock tactics that don't require special skills.

1 - Don't go to dangerous places
2 - Scream and run
3 - scratch and scream - and a hit soft targets.

The latter is last ditch as it means you're in serious trouble, but scratching leaves easy to identify marks and collects DNA evidence.
Soft targets require little force to do a lot of damage, especially anything round in shape - Yes, his eyeballs.

I quick poke in the eye, especially if you have nails will blind an attacker for a short time, so allow you time to scream and run, but you have to keep calm or you'll never do it.

Any self defence class that starts talking about kicks and punches is a waste of time unless you're already an experienced fighter or are happy to train for at least three years before you can even consider defending yourself.

The upside of a well run martial arts class is physical fitness and pounds falling off.

Thank you so much, I will.

Fred wrote:

One word of note.

Self defence classes are commonly useless as it's normally impossible for a woman to defend against a man effectively unless she's trained for many years, or has been trained in short sharp shock tactics that don't require special skills.

1 - Don't go to dangerous places
2 - Scream and run
3 - scratch and scream - and a hit soft targets.

The latter is last ditch as it means you're in serious trouble, but scratching leaves easy to identify marks and collects DNA evidence.
Soft targets require little force to do a lot of damage, especially anything round in shape - Yes, his eyeballs.

I quick poke in the eye, especially if you have nails will blind an attacker for a short time, so allow you time to scream and run, but you have to keep calm or you'll never do it.

Any self defence class that starts talking about kicks and punches is a waste of time unless you're already an experienced fighter or are happy to train for at least three years before you can even consider defending yourself.

The upside of a well run martial arts class is physical fitness and pounds falling off.

Thank you, that's very insightful actually, great tips too haha

The upside alone is worth trying it out, I'm sure I will learn something even if it's just how to keep calm.

Thanks again,

Hi,
Still looking for self defense classes in Riyadh?
Regards

@abbeymae hi iam good trainer 17 years experience

@Faisal-Do hi are you looking trainer for self defence  I am good in that

Hello Mkenya Ralida,

You are posting on a discussion that has been inactive since 2018....

I doubt you will receive any answer here.

In case you are providing self defence classes, you can create an advert on Riyadh classifieds> Sports classes.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

[DISCUSSION CLOSED]

Closed