Adapting to the climate in Burkina Faso

Hello everyone,

Adjusting to new climatic conditions is key in any expatriation process. Moving to Burkina Faso is no exception.

What are the climate characteristics of Burkina Faso?

How does the local weather impact your daily life, mood or health?

What are the pros and cons of the climate in Burkina Faso?

Share you advice and help people adapt quickly to their new weather environment.

Thanks in advance,

Priscilla

Hello Ms.Priscilla,
A good day to you!

I am an expat, living here around few years now. Hope i could give you a rough picture on how it is in terms of climatic condition.

The climate here in Burkina faso is quite extreme on an expat. Which is indeed a factor to consider while preparing your living here.

I find burkina's climatic conditions extreme. And when i say extreme, i mean on both sides. During the summer seasons you might find it extremely hot and the rainy season you might find the straight contradiction to the same. A heavy rainfall.

As of today its raining here and the season can't be termed hard till the end of December hereon if am not wrong.

Anyhow on the whole in summers its pretty hot. Given the fact that there are quite low vegetations around the country and the air is so light, you might feel the heat a bit disturbing. Sands storms (Harmattan), dusty enviroment has to be expected.

It should take few months to adapt to the climate as a start.

Its best to keep yourself highly hydrated since there are high chances that you might have the need to do so during the summer.

Hope the informations were useful.
Above all this might be the right time to visit the country. Good Luck!