Official Translation and Notarization Services

I am preparing documents for an application dossier for a wholly foreign-owned enterprise ("WFOE"). Simple - one business line of activity - management consulting. Does anyone know any qualified value-for-money service companies for official translation (from English to Vietnamese) and notarization (the docs have already been notarized in their home countries) ? The docs would include passport, two degrees, CV, business plan, etc. Thank you!

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s … t-_HCM.pdfhttp://photos.state.gov/libraries/hochi … rvices.pdf

and since you are a Canadian:  http://tradecommissioner.gc.ca/visit-in … rpretation

Personally, I would recommend the Vietnamese government translations and notarization offered at 47 Le Duan.  Not only will they probably be less expensive, they will have the holy red stamps.   :gloria

Thank you for your advice. It''s greatly appreciated.
I have also heard that there's a (famous) one on Nguyen Thi Minh Khai that handles 'official' VN Govt translations and at a good price rather than at the Western price.
Cheers!

I do not think there is an "official" translation agency. Every companies that are licenced to have translation business in their legal paper are eligible to do the service, and the investment authority always accept their work.

From my licensing experience, I use cheap service, 50,000VND per page for translation from English to Vietnamese, and 50,000VND per document for notarisation of the translated document. Of course "the holy red stamps" must always be there so that it is legal to submit to the investment authority.

However the quality can be pretty bad. But for submission for licensing purpose you do not need to pay much attention on that.

VanKhanh Ho - It's always a fun adventure to realize that translation 'quality' doesn't really matter that much.

My commercial license may end up being a medical certificate with a motorbike license! :)

That 50K VND per page for notarization sounds pretty good, by the way.

Let me know private who/where your preferred translation companies are.

Thank you!

BuddyM wrote:

VanKhanh Ho - It's always a fun adventure to realize that translation 'quality' doesn't really matter that much.

My commercial license may end up being a medical certificate with a motorbike license! :)

That 50K VND per page for notarization sounds pretty good, by the way.

Let me know private who/where your preferred translation companies are.

Thank you!

Come on it can't be that bad :D At least for me, I have been doing it for 5 years.

I am using service by sohoavn[dot]com or apecgroup[dot]vn.

I have never give my documents to District 1 People's Committee cause I have no time going there. The above companies I send them the scan copy, they send me the fee, I agree (or bargain), they translate it, they send people to my place to obtain the documents, then send people to my place to give me the result.

I use them mostly because with their service I do not have to move at all.

Edit:
"That 50K VND per page for notarization": Hello, nah, 50k VND per document for notarisation. A document can contain 1 or 100 pages, no different. 
They count page for translation only.