How can Philippines girls travel to VietNam?

Hey everybody
I have a girlfriend, who is Filipino
She wants to travel to Vietnam
But then, we hear from some travel agency (in Philippines and Vietnam) that its too difficult for a single girl travel alone
They said to us that if she want to entrance Vietnam, she needs something below
1> Airline tickets - 2 ways (round trip)
2> Invitaion letters from a vietnamese
3> She needs to have at least 500$us in her pocket. Then she show the money to a police at Vietnamese airport. It can show that she is not coming Vietnam for being prostitute

Now we are very confusing
Why its too difficult like this?
Is there any person or any Filipino girls can help us to find out the right things?
Thanks a lot

Hi Ann,

You are in much better shoes to inquire about these sorts of things.  We are just strangers in a strange land.  Please don't give us the bone.

Regards,
Howie

I am a Vietnamese and a frequent traveler. It happened the same with me everytime I go to Singapore for business trip. There's no longer visa applying among ASEAN countries. However, it's a hassle to get through custom since there is number of Vietnamese going to Singapore working as prostitutes. I needed to provide the official my booking accommodation, invitation and contact number of my business partner. For your case, I guess it is not necessary to have a invitation letter from a local. You can simply write it for her. Also you should give ur friend your contact in advance in case the official asks. No worry... all u have to do is proving that you are serious traveler by using your common sense. Going to US or other developed countries will be wayyyy tougher. I just get used to it. Cheers

upsidedown wrote:

I am a Vietnamese and a frequent traveler. It happened the same with me everytime I go to Singapore for business trip. There's no longer visa applying among ASEAN countries. However, it's a hassle to get through custom since there is number of Vietnamese going to Singapore working as prostitutes. I needed to provide the official my booking accommodation, invitation and contact number of my business partner. For your case, I guess it is not necessary to have a invitation letter from a local. You can simply write it for her. Also you should give ur friend your contact in advance in case the official asks. No worry... all u have to do is proving that you are serious traveler by using your common sense. Going to US or other developed countries will be wayyyy tougher. I just get used to it. Cheers

Hmm, strange as it did not happen to me, a Vietnamese girl. Just went to Singapore last month, alone, to visit the country and got no problem at all, the officer at the Passport Control counter was even friendly and said thanks when he returned my passport.
I might be just lucky that day.

if you are going to Singapore for the first time, the immegration offices would smile and say thanks... but once your trips become frequent, their smile vanishes. they will start to think that you are working illegaly (without a work permit). the no. of days staying in singapore is also vital. the strict checking is also necessary as there are many illegal workers in singapore. i also face a lot of immegration hazards everytime i go to singapore for my office purpose. i always keep the documents and contacts ready for them.
there is another very interesting observation i made. if you travel to the budget terminal (tiger airways, etc) the checking and interrogations are severe. whereas if you travel to terminal 1,2,3, it is very easy....
coming to the point in hcmc airport, i have seen the immegration officers checking the cash money of the travellers.

Felicitas, Its not really difficult for a single Filipina woman to travel Vietnam or any country around the world provided you meet the immmigration requirements depends on what you intend to do or what immigration application you are going to apply. Visiting, working, studying or migrating. I understand you want to visit Vietnam. As a Filipino you are excempt from visa and allowed to stay for 21 days as Philippines is part of ASEAN countries. Requirements: Valid passport, round trip ticket, just ready to give the address for  whom you are going to stay for that allowed 21 days. A hotel reservation is fine. Per Philippine Immigration  If you are below 21 years old the officer will actually  ask you if you are a student or has parents to visit in Vietnam. They ask some papers of proof for a student and same thing with Parents proof of residency here.When you arrived Vietnam they will ask you of course of your passport and a return ticket, their immigartion officer will simply ask what is your purpose of coming to Vietnam well, just say visiting..and that's all..I have no trouble when I arrived here last month as well as my previous travel to Canada and USA .They never asked for my pocket money..of course you come here to Visit and you should have money. I think its how you answer their question at the immigration, they are really clever enough to guess of your intention ..So goodluck.

And tell your friend not to believe in some traveling agency in the phils. I will pm u what your gf can do..

Hi,
i'm a Filipina too. Yeah, this time, it's really difficult to get abroad from Philippines now.
The government is trying to avoid Filipinos going out without proper documents. What you can do, is go to the Philippine embassy here that you are inviting your girlfriend to come here for holiday. Or you must give a valid reason. If the embassy honor it. So, just pay the amount there and send the documents to your girlfriend.
Hope this can help.

Cheers,
MA

getting a visa in Vietnam embassy in Manila is straightforward. You have to pay for an extra if you wqant to travel in 24 hours.

well, vietnam visa policy is so confusing just to everyone, u cant compare vietnam to lao, or cambodia, i have read this for visa: http://www.vietnameseprivatetours.com/i … Itemid=248
hope this helps

Hi, if you're GF still in Philippines, i can help you please call me @ 0937275132 so that i can assist you.

Many thanks,
Liezl

Hi Xinhdephon,

Welcome to expat-blog!

Please note that this topic is from 2011. Feel free to create new topics on the Ho Chi Minh City forum.

Thank you,

David.