Vietnamese Community _ Working Professional in Singapore

Hi all Vietnamese out there,

If you are reading this, you are probably like me, searching for a vietnamese community in singapore.
I stayed here for 11 years now, and i spent 3 days to look for a vietnamese group but out of luck . Thus, here i am, trying to group vietnamese who is living here together.
Why am i doing this?
First, i used to run many communities back in Vietnam, when i was still burning my butt in college and uni. So i think i can run a community and make it grow as well. If you can fish in Amazon, you can fish anywhere.
Second, i wanna built up a group, a network that could help our own people, who staying, or planning to stay in Singapore.
What's my objective (s)?
- Sharing or provide guidance how to safely live here , stay here or work here. Only me is not enough, put all brain and heart together,  we could do better and help more people.
- Simply making a friend. Adapt to new environment and culture is tough, with friends, it will be easier.
- Networking. I had  my knowledge and skills to start off my life here. Now its quite stable. Now i am using it to venture back in HCM. I think there will be more people like me .

What is a big NO:
- Any advertising or promoting your service/products. You can share your ideas, but its definitely not for profit purposes. Guys, you can do it somewhere else.
- Any illegal or fishing or scam people. I hate people who cheat our own people. We are educated  generation right. And trust me, i will know if one do so.

How im going to run this community?
- This too eearly to explain it in details here. But i have a great ideas how everyone could enjoy this group.

And if you have any question, feel free to talk here.

Let's join me.

Kevin.

Have you done a Google search. I found student communities which could be a starting point for you.

Perhaps contact the Vietnamese embassy in Singapore.

You can find all Vietnamese members of this forum here:
https://www.expat.com/en/network/asia/singapore/
Please contact the forum moderators before sending PMs to them, as posting large numbers of similar messages is seen as SPAM here and will get you banned. They do, however, make exceptions for genuine cases like yours.
Good luck in your efforts!

stumpy wrote:

Have you done a Google search. I found student communities which could be a starting point for you.

Perhaps contact the Vietnamese embassy in Singapore.

Thank you for your suggestion. But i sort of know how my embassy work. And yes, except google i dont know what else can i use to search.

As I know we don't have  real Vietnamese Community here but Vietnamese groups are quite common . You can find it from Facebook, vncnus forum. Cheers!

Hi Kevin,

just wishing you luck on your post to get a Vietnamese community together; when you succeed and if anyone would like to be involved in the voiceover recording industry, maybe you might send me a message.

Thank you kindly for your time. Barry Butler

Tiếng Việt đi mấy má!

hop.trinh, may I request you to write in English instead.

You can check out Joo Chiat.