In retrospect, would you move again to Guadeloupe?

Hi all,

If you had to look back on your expat experience in Guadeloupe, would you heartily say "let's do it again"?

From the preparation stage to your actual everyday life in your new country, what did you enjoy the most?

Would you do certain things differently? Could you tell us why?

How would you describe the benefits of your expatriation in Guadeloupe so far?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience. We look forward to hearing from you!

Christine

I personally moved here not as an expat but because my husband is from here and when he moved here that left me very little choice.

It's been 10 years since I arrived here. we've even bought a house. The country is wonderful, people are great but it's not my professional scene. Just for that I have wanted to move out ever since I moved here.

I have an awesome experience of my time here  that I will always cherish. But I also have loads of lonely moments, frustration,  feelings of inadequacy on a professional level.
I am seeking to move out for that reason. The island is not a cosmopolite island like the rest of the Caribbean  with expat workers.  There are no opportunities for those who have not worked in France.

If I have to redo it. I will say not.  I  have wasted 10 years of my professional life  living here.

I wouldn't have mind spending 2 years for if, this was the case I would have make the most of the experience and not wore myself out looking for a job.

Succeeding one's expatriation depends on what one came looking for. I left my beautiful paradise island in the Indian ocean where there is full employment and a se severe shortage of labour which leads to  loads of expat workers flocking to our shores each year.

I left my island for career advancement and this has not been the case here in Guadeloupe  because Guadeloupe is not the country for that . so my "expatriation "cannot be termed  successful.  For others  in search of the sun, the beach, a good standard of living then settling in Guadeloupe  could be the best thing that could happed to them..