12 month visa for Australians ?

Keep seeing plenty of chatter about U.S citizens but has any one heard anything about the same for Australians ?? LOL Mark

What is the maximum duration tourist visa for Vietnamese visiting Australia?

Its all because Australia doesn't offer the same to VN citizens.

It would be nice if Viet Nam also did the same with marriages and have no stamping every 3 months like we have in Australia.

I did a little checking and there is an AU 12 month tourist visa but it carries a load of restrictions including proof of a job in home country on return, funds in the bank, and a return air ticket.  It is also not available to Vietnamese who are apparently redistricted to 90 days with no extension.

A sponsored visa for relatives of AU citizens is available but only for one year vs. the 5 year VEC or 3 year TRC that are afforded to Australians married to Viet citizens.

If Australians want to improve their visa eligibility in Vietnam, the capital they should be lobbying is in Canberra.

One of the biggest problems we have in Australia is the amount of people who dont return to Viet Nam and become illegal runaways.

hi thigv, can you show your sources, I contacted Julie Bishops office but as expected, no reply other than the computer generated 1

also Thigv to my understanding 3 months is the max,    looks like 1 year is possible, but as usual paying and receiving may be 2 different things, my check was through this site  http://govietnamvisa.com/page/vietnam-v … ustralians

MarkinNam wrote:

hi thigv, can you show your sources, I contacted Julie Bishops office but as expected, no reply other than the computer generated 1

Contact your local federal representative, trying to contact a minister is a hard way of going about it.

will do tomorrow

it is extremely difficult for a Vietnamese person to get a visa to Australia if not impossible. i know a person with a business in VN who has been rejected 5 times. what's more it costs about $130 just to apply and you need to collect myriads of paper work, stamps and signatures. i would say the rejection rate is 90% so it is a disgrace they charge so much. the reason it is so hard is VN is considered a high risk country meaning a large percentage of travellers dont get on the plane and come home. that said the Aust gov are happy to hand out permanent residencies to wealthy Chinese left right and centre. Melbourne is essentially a Chinese city now and the property market has gone through the roof because of it.

Hey Panda,

Yep , they sure have a s****y reputation don't they.
And none of their neighbours will give them the time of day either....

Anyway,   I had an Agent here in Nha Trang tell me I could get a 12 mth Visa for,about $500, but I could only get it outside the country.  I'll try to get more details. 

As I've said before, I really don't mind taking a small getaway every 3 months.  Pick up the VOA for about $45 on the way back in.   It's cheap to travel to nearby countries anyway.  i just see it as an opportunity to take advantage of.

Cambodia is only $280 for 12 mths renewable in the country, last time I checked.   But I'd never want to live there, I like it for a visit every no and then.   I'm actually going over in June, or down to Malaysia.   I'm not even going to bother talking to agents about an extension.

They are cunning little pricks.   They always tell you to come back a few days before your Visa expires....then give you the bad news when you have minimal time to make other arrangements....your boxed in and most people pay the ridiculous prices for extensions.

Good luck with it.

MarkinNam wrote:

Here is the AU Govt. site:  http://www.border.gov.au/  If you follow it, I think you will find that it is rather opaque.  It does not answer generic questions and asks for your personal information (age, country of passport, dates of travel) which lends the impression that many will be told no.

This is a private agent site but seems more informative and well organized:  https://www.visafirst.com/en/australia_ … _info.asp#  You can see that even for someone from a Western country, the requirements for a one year visa are rather restrictive.

Under TPP, Vietnam will not be required to give Australia more than it gets.

One nice thing that AU does, compared to the US, is to grant non-immigrant sponsored visas for foreign spouses and children.  For the US this is an absolute NO.  This is because if they came with you, they could immediately apply for permanent residency and get a 2 year conditional residency card and circumvent the normal application process.  The AU system is better for those who want to bring a family to visit but not relocate.

That's just what ya want to hear Budman......😀😀

Ha ha ha ....Yogi could have sworn he read somewhere that the 12 Mth US Visa  is a done deal. 

Anythings possible here........

Yogi also heard that Stevie Wonder & Ray Charles have been appointed as Air Traffic controllers at Tan Son Nhat airport.

hey Thigv all the links were for Vn to Au I want info the other way this is the best I could find   ref post 7

MarkinNam wrote:

hey Thigv all the links were for Vn to Au I want info the other way this is the best I could find   ref post 7

I was making a statement in #4 that the reason that Australians were not being offered the one year tourist visa by Vietnam was that Australia was seldom or never granting one year tourist visas to Vietnamese.  I assumed that those were the links that you wanted. 

Once again, the TPP visa section is all about reciprocity.  As long as Australia has one year visas but will not give them to Vietnamese, Vietnam is under no obligation to grant the same to Australians.  That is the core of your problem.  No amount of appeal to either the government of Vietnam, or appeal to the government of Australia to demand such visas is going to work until Australia starts reciprocating.  My point was not that you should ask your government to get you the 1 year VN visa.  It was that you should ask your government to start giving them to Vietnamese.

I know there may be problems with visa overstays.  In fact Australia is not alone.  50% of the illegal immigrants in the US are not people who crossed from Mexico but others, mostly Asian and some Europeans, who overstayed their visas.

One more reminder.  The one year tourist visa is still for tourism.  You may not work in VN, just as the AU website clearly states that their visa holders may not work in AU.

THIGV wrote:
MarkinNam wrote:

Here is the AU Govt. site:  http://www.border.gov.au/  If you follow it, I think you will find that it is rather opaque.  It does not answer generic questions and asks for your personal information (age, country of passport, dates of travel) which lends the impression that many will be told no.

This is a private agent site but seems more informative and well organized:  https://www.visafirst.com/en/australia_ … _info.asp#  You can see that even for someone from a Western country, the requirements for a one year visa are rather restrictive.

Under TPP, Vietnam will not be required to give Australia more than it gets.

One nice thing that AU does, compared to the US, is to grant non-immigrant sponsored visas for foreign spouses and children.  For the US this is an absolute NO.  This is because if they came with you, they could immediately apply for permanent residency and get a 2 year conditional residency card and circumvent the normal application process.  The AU system is better for those who want to bring a family to visit but not relocate.

I,ve just been looking into it, and for a 1442 class tourist visa there are 50+ questions that a Vietnamese applicant must answer. Australia doesn't make it easy.

hi again I said I had tried Julie Bishop's office and the answer was it would be a waste of time, well Andrew Hasties bunch weren't any better lots of advice if I want to come to Aus but nothing the other way. I'll watch the topic and keep an eye open for a 40 plus le' mai  the other option is of course just to enroll as a student which will possible get me 3 years to proficiency thanks for all your help all, lol, Mark. and your right, Aus isn't the most helpful

the maximum tourist visa my wife (vietnamese) has been given is 12 month multiple entry. So they do give out 12 month visas.

bilby wrote:

the maximum tourist visa my wife (vietnamese) has been given is 12 month multiple entry. So they do give out 12 month visas.

See my post #12, last paragraph.  Was your wife's visa a tourist visa based solely on her own application or was it a sponsored visa based on her marriage to you?  If the latter it is a different class of visa than the regular tourist visa.

It was a TR 676 tourist visa. !2 months multiple entry but only 3 months stay per entry. This was a couple of years ago so things may have changed since.

bilby wrote:

It was a TR 676 tourist visa. !2 months multiple entry but only 3 months stay per entry. This was a couple of years ago so things may have changed since.

Yes, things have changed. That visa has been replaced with 600 visa  Here is the link https://www.border.gov.au/visas/Pages/6 … amp;=true#