Truck driver contract / liability of driver

Hi, I'm looking for a sample employment contract to hire a truck driver (small truck for class C license). I'm particular interested how the typical company handles the responsibility of the driver for vehicle and cargo. Is it common to hold the driver responsible if the vehicle has damages, theft of vehicle parts or lost/stolen cargo?

Thanks for any insight you can provide.
Steve

Get a reputable company to deliver what you want, a contract with a local driver will mean squat.

Fully agree if it was for a one-time job only. I need one for my company full time though.

Your post is not overly clear, are you wanting a driver for your company and when he drives for you, you want him to be liable for any damage. Don't you have insurance for that and don't forget most of these drivers own very little so they won't be able to pay for anything if there is damage. Usually they jump out and run away.

I think it's crystal clear as I was asking for an employment contract sample or other people's experience. But thanks anyway.

Steve

Good luck getting a driver to cough up for breakages.

Maybe.   Most 'companies' who employ their own drivers or those under contract employ them with this understood as being part of the driver's responsibility.  Employment, by another name.  The key words are Most, Contract, Employment, Responsibility, Conditions.     
                              Only True Love is unconditional...

You have already posted your own sample contract: the driver IS responsible for ANY (of the following...)      ..as a condition of employment...   These conditions are written into (any) company's policy.  In turn written by lawyers, which is why no one bothers reading the fine print that has become part of the history of Planet Earth.    Which repeats itself...

Insurance companies get their rewards from this form of fear.   That is why they never pay.

Colin's escape gives the clue: good luck with that!       (or deduct from wages..?)     

Seriously, it is only as complex (or simple) as YOU want it to be.   (some) corporate lawyers give a free interview to see how much they can get out of you.   Use them to outline the basics, then ignore them and follow your gut instinct.  As you have already done here.       :cool:

Thanks Bazza, I think exactly the same way and it is common sense. Nevertheless, we all know that things are different here in VN, and common sense and common practice are not necessarily the same.

Back to my original question, who has insight into actual contracts for truck drivers.

Steve