Where's a good place to stay in GZ?

Hi all,

I've just moved to GZ for about a week, and am currently holed up in a hotel.
Been looking around for an apartment, but they seem to differ very much in price even if within the same area.
I speak English mostly, but can also manage some awkward Cantonese, so I need to be near places I can hunt for food easily.
And of course, near a metro station.

Any recommendations?

Thanks lots.

there are a lot of apartments you can rent or co-rent in Guangzhou.  so dont worry about that. I dont know if the apartment I currently live in is conveniet for you. The rental contract will expire soon and I will change to a new place. The location is in Baiyun district.  If you are interested in it, I can help you with achieving a contract with the house owner.

Hello everyone :)

@MarilynY: I will also suggest you to visit the Accommodation in Guangzhou page. There are lot of adverts which might interest you, else you can even post a customize advert on the page as per your budget and needs.

Hope this will help you as well...

Regards :)

Hey Girl,

I just got to Guangzhou myself and am currently living in Zhujiang New Town. It is quite a nice area, 1 station away from Tiyu Xilu (Tee Mall). Maybe you could try this place as well if you are looking for a place in town. :)

We are also looking for apartments and so far interested in 3 compounds in Zhujiang new town: Central Park View, The Cosmos and Top View. Any of you living in one of them? And if you could give opinions will be good, about everything.

Hi there!

I managed to find a nice place in Zhujiang New Town called Moon Island. It's new, and just 2 mins walk to the Liede Metro Station.
Location is quiet, area is well maintained.
Pricing is about the same as Cosmos.

Try it out!

Haven't really met much agents around here, but the one I use, Tom Real Estate (cn-houses.com) is pretty decent.

Marilyn, we are nolonger in GZ, still thinking which is good place to live.
Does Moon Island have houseclub facility like Cosmos?
I am not sure about pricing for Cosmos. Actually our agents gave us various prices.
So, for example for a 250m2 room in Cosmos or Moon Island, how much is the rent?