Import tax

Hi all. I am trying to get a second hand laptop sent to me here in Ho Chi Minh from Myanmar.  It is a MacBook, couple of years old and unboxed. Hoping to send it FedEx or ups.
Does anyone know:
1. Is it likely to arrive?
2. Will I have to pay a tonne of import tax?

1. No.

2. ..in the unlikely event.?   Yes.   You will find it (much) cheaper to fly there, pick it up and return with your hand luggage.   I flew in with a Macbook pro and a backup Asus 11.5 in the same laptop bag.  The chargers and (3) phones were in a shopping bag along with a pillow and towel which went under the seat.   I was not alone in doing this.   The cabin staff have too much on their plate to worry about incidentals.

I have no experience, but it could be complicated or expensive. [Where is there a posted list of import duties??] Might be cheaper for a friend to bring it to you, or you fly back and bring it yourself. I have flown in and out many times with macbook, once with a lenovo too, in carry-on bag.
You missed this sad tale: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=561051

I brought two laptops back from my last trip abroad, my old Sony Viao and a replacement new macbook air. My wife told me that, since the macbook was a replacement for the viao, I should bin all the packaging for the new laptop and bring it in necked. That way she reasoned, the new laptop couldn't be argued to be an import for resale. I brought both computers through customs in my cabin bag, the bag was x-rayed as normal and there was no hassle.

Don't send it via courier like Fedex if you don't want it to be held at customs. Used laptop is banned for importation.

yeah it would probably be cheaper and more secure to fly there to bring it back. I bought a usb cable on ebay once, took 3 months to arrive.