Anyone living in Otres Village?

My boyfriend and I are considering moving to Cambodia next year and I just would like to get some insight from other expats! We would like to live by the beach and I have heard near Otres Beach (Otres Village?) is a pretty relaxed spot which is what we would be looking for. Anyone live in this area who can let me know a bit more about what it is like? I have not found much online from expats living there. Is everything you need to buy regularly, like groceries, nearby or do you have to constantly go back to the downtown area? What is rent like for a basic, one bedroom apartment? Are there lots of expats in this area (specifically young ones, we are 22 and 25)?

If we make the move we would like to start out by doing a bike tour to explore the country as well as possibly Thailand, Laos and Vietnam for several months. We would need to store most of our belongings though while we do this. Are there storage units that can be rented? We would not have furniture or anything but a few suitcases with clothing and other belongings.

Any insight into any of this would be very helpful!

I suggest that you read through the many informative posts on the forum for information.

I have read through many but have not seen much on living by Otres Beach specifically. If there is a thread I am missing could you link it?

Unfortunately the Provincial government have recently signed a new decree which will result in many of the businesses in Sihanoukville (beside the beach) having to close and this will cause a lot of distress and upheavals during the next few months.. so in terms of emotional and physical well-being, it's not a place I would be looking to settle for a while.. https://www.cambodiadaily.com/news/siha … ut-108604/

Yes your the right age for Otres village,nice place to be close to beach,and now days you can find what your looking for,with out going to town.
There a restaurant called Otres city,any think you need to know she can help,and has cheap new rooms.,and storage if you ask.

I don't think you want to move there. The s*** is going to hit the fan at Otres, soon because a large number of mostly foreigners ignored the ban to build any fixed structures within 50 meter of the seashore. Next are the Bulldozers that will flatten everything within this perimeter. It happened before at serendipity and victory beach but people just don't want to listen. Going downtown at night from Otres may also be a security challenge. Good luck.

Otres village is some way from the beach. Besides, you are not building, but renting.

For simple groceries, there are sundry shops but for groceries which suit western taste, you may have to go downtown to Samudra.

Upon  arrival, go to Otres Village n feel about the place for a few days at least before committing to long term tenancy.

Victory Hill may be a bit grey but I find it a better place to live in. Besides, we need more of the youngs to liven up Victory Hill anyway.

Thanks for the info! I will definitely check out that place you mentioned when I arrive. Have you lived in Otres Village?

Hey thanks for the reply. Is there anywhere else closer to the beach you would recommend looking at? I do not need to live right on the beach, but close enough that I can go regularly. I will check out Victory Hill as well!

Oh no! Well that is bad for the businesses that have to close but good for environmental reasons. I would not be making the move until around October and will be bicycle touring around for a couple months before I settle anywhere so I will definitely check it out first before committing. Are there any other areas to live you can recommend? Thanks for your post!

I live n work in the Victory Hill area n been to Otres village a few times to survey the place with the view of maybe moving there someday.

Looks like Otres Village will suit you if you don't mind the dust.
Victory Hill is a small town closer to downtown with grocery shops, many restaurants n bars.
The expat residents are generally grey though.