Making it on a budget in PR

Liberty provided the hardware, cable box and modem & router.  didn't check the upload speed yet, maybe tonight. 

The proof will be in the pudding - will the service be reliable, or will it crap out again??  So far so good today.  I just wish we got FOX news here, only CNN is available.

Anybody in PR that can maintain these (Sitka's) speeds is massively beating the awful stuff I've been reading, and doing very respectibly compared to stateside.  From a corporate standpoint, Liberty would seem to be the the odds on fav to be upgrading the most rapidly in PR.  Thx so much for the tests Sitka and ur experience is exactly what I was hoping to hear. Karl

Well...lets just say that I'm hopeful that it remains on - I'll keep you posted.

Yes please do keep us all posted.  After trouble, then "get it right", whether or not Liberty can deliver service to you may just be a bellweather.  Reading the bigger corporate stories, and that a new ocean cable to Florida came online, Liberty providing better service and prices getting more competitive was what the big story pointed to.  So yeah, keep us posted. thx

We started with Choice Cable last year which has now been bought out by Liberty.  We're on a 20 MB plan and our download is 19 MB and upload speed is .77 MB.  We pay $42.16 a month including the taxes.  Except for when we had a family of 5 visiting us with 3 teenagers (with a phone and tablet each), the speed has been more than sufficient for us.  We stream and I teleconference often for work. 

Going back to the conversation about putting fun in your budget - Gustazos - http://www.gustazos.com is similar to Groupon.  Each day they email out specials.  Last week we went on an eco tour in Utuado for $29 each.

Thank you Dafa.  @42 bucks a month for 20MB service and reliably getting what u are paying for, this continues the story on Liberty. Larger int'l corporate entity buying into PR market and in process of better service, competitive cost.  Your info continues to support the theory.  And $42 for 20MB is competitive, not paying big, gov't cronies take a slice of the pie prices for reliable mid-level service. Thank you for the input.

The plans I see for Liberty Internet only service seem to be for 10 Meg (39.99), 40 Meg for 59.99, and the next one is 79.99 for 70 Meg, goes up from there.

Note that Liberty may not be available in your community, building or particular part of the street. Note that some of these prices may be for a period of time and then they may go up 10 bucks or so a month after that period.

In our neighborhood, Liberty is the only authorized provider. We pay for 40 MBPS but lucky if we get between 15-20. Like Rey said - it's highly variable from community to community and even house to house.

Maybe a shotgun hanging on the wall when the installer comes might help?  :)

We must be grandfathered in with the price we got from ChoiceCable last year.  Sorry to mislead anyone.

Carlos when in RD wrote:

Maybe a shotgun hanging on the wall when the installer comes might help?  :)

Greet him with shotgun under the arm and I bet he will get brand new equipment for you.