Amnesty proposal for Tickets

I was just reading in "El Nuevo Dia" that there is a legislative proposal, to forgive ticket accumulation above $500. They say some people can not pay, so they keep accumulating or drive without a license.

This does not make sense to me. They will drive without a license anyway. They would have license to ignore the traffic laws and park anywhere, run lights, etc since they don't have to pay more than $500 no mater what.

Then again, they ignore all the traffic rules anyway, LOL.

Sorry this does not make sense to me. Society in general including the states is creating people that take no responsibility for their actions, it is always somebody else fault, I was abused, I did not know, it is how I grew up, always an excuse and as a society we are helping them add more. If they don't pay their tickets, take their car and license, if they drive without a license, throw them in jail.

Another new way of not collecting funds that are needed by the island.
http://www.elnuevodia.com/noticias/loca … o-2152277/ (Spanish)

Wow, that doesn't make sense at all!  They can't just forgive the fees/fines they owe.

Instead of collecting the fines, now they want to get people to disobey the laws more with a maximum of $500, what about the expenses of giving them tickets and processing cost?

Another example of how ass backwards PR is.

There is another legislator that wants to prevent AEE from cutting electricity service of people that live in Poor housing. The AEE has given them until January 20th to come up with a payment plan or starting February they will be shut if they don't pay their electric bill. So how is AEE going to pay for the service and the fuel if thousands of people do not have to pay their bill and they can not be shut down?

Another example, wow.

I feel for them but you got to pay your bills, not ignore them.

Rey, I need to comment on  your comments.  You said it does not make sense----from that statement I had my first laugh of the day. 
Second, it is possible to get out of tickets (Not that I would admit to such a dastardly act!) by crying when the police officer comes up to your car window. Well, maybe this method only works for women.
Miss you, Rey. Get your but down here.

I purposely went through a red light because it was at night and it was dark .It was about 10:30. No cars were around .I got a $250 ticket. I see people in daylight go through light when lots of cars are on the rd .Sometimes 3 or 4 cars will go through the light .None of them get stopped. I haven't paid my tickets . Sorry but that's a lot of money. I have had no other violations in at least 10 yrs. About 2 weeks ago I had to go to the bank .I was in the parking lot almost 15 mins waiting for a spot. I drove down the street. I saw people parking next to the fire hydrant and new it couldn't park there .So I parked on the other side of the road. Not realizing it has painted yellow on the curb. Was in the bank 2 hrs just to get money out more then 100 people waiting inline. I come out to a $25 parking ticket. However the same care across the street near the fire hydrant didn't get a ticket .I just don't understand.  It's definitely messed up here

Seems you have all the bad luck, you are up to $275, so 500 is reachable, LOL.
Then again, that law may not pass and if it does not, you can wind up with a much larger bill.

I really don't know how natives can pay such big fines .It's crazy.