Teaching English in CR

what are the requirements other than a TEFL cert to teach English in CR ?
tnx

Welcome to the forum COWBOYPASTOR :)

I hope members from the region will try to respond to you soon?

Meanwhile I will suggest you to have a look at this article, it contains lot of information which might help you.

Good luck & Regards

The requirements differ depending on who you work for. And I know for a fact that TEFL is not required in all places, but it can be used as a tool to get a better salary.

Costa Rica Blog
Costa Rica News

ERIN TNX FOR UR INFO
WE ARE TAKIN TEFL WHILE WE'RE HERE IN THAILAND RT NOW
B BLSD

Hello,
I am teaching with ProLanguage in San Jose.  They don't require TESOL or ESL, however most schools do.  I believe the other requirements are just based on your education.  If you have a Bachelors or Masters degree.  Schools also take into consideration your presentation and "natural born" skills as a teacher. 
Good Luck!!

leffwoman, can you tell us how much you are paid or what the range of pay for teaching English is now?

I was looking into this many years ago and found the pay to be very low. Is it enough to live on? I have heard that it is, but just barely and you have to rent a room in someone's house or something and can't afford your own place. I'd be interested in hearing how much these positions pay?

Another question: Is this a way to get legal residency? Do they do your paper work and get you in as a legal resident which can lead to permanent legal residence? Again, I have heard that is rare but don't really know.

I have lived in Costa Rica off and on over the years and visited all over the country but one area I am not very knowledgeable about is getting legal work and legal residency. I can tell you how to choose an attorney or how to buy real estate or check your property with the registro! But I know very little of residency requirements and working there legally. ;)