U.S. meets Nigeria

Hi,
     My name is Kimberly and I am 51 yrs. old, my divorce is going to be thru shortly and I plan to visit Nigeria Dec 29-Jan 22 and if I like it I will be moving in Feb.
I would like to learn to cook Nigerian food and hopefully start a business that will benefit the community.
Im from Detroit, Michigan btw

Welcome to Expat-blog, Kimberly :)

Hope that you have a lovely trip to Nigeria in December, keep us updated about your impressions of lifetyle in Nigeria.

The CSR idea is appealing- a business that would serve the Nigerian community.

Wishing you all the best!

Regards,
Sheetul

Don't get me wrong hun, but Nigeria IS NOT the place to set up business unless you are well informed and you have a business plan. By all means make your look-see visit, but don't even think about making any commitments (and certainly handing over any money) until you have taken some good advice from an experienced expat.

Thank you for your reply, I have friends that have lived in Nigeria their entire lives so I do have some help as far as understanding the culture.
It would be nice to speak to an expat that has opened a successful business in Nigeria. I am in no hurry to do anything but visit at this point and will not be making any committments that is for sure

Thank you Katchef, for your positivity. Like any other society on earth, Nigeria has its pros and cons. Care should be taken in any society one finds him self- I once got my wallet stolen at a train station in Vienna, so it happens world wide. Your business will thrive if you have passion for what you do and cook good food and get the right marketing and publicity team( I'm a publicist, by the way). Also, thank God, you have friends here and if in doubt of any transaction, you could always contact the US embassy here for help.
Welcome to Nigeria, Katchef! With you kind of outlook,I am most certain you'll love it here.

Nigeria is a friendly environment with loving people, one just have to be careful in all things, i have my Real estate Company here in Nigeria, Millennial Properties Limited and we thank God for how good we have done.Just conduct a through research on the business environment and contact all important people that can be of help in your research.Have a nice staying.Bless u

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

I forgot to mention that I'm an excellent cook in nigerian food I could teach you.