Just joined the forum

Hello everyone ,i just joined the fórum,i must also add that i joggle between spain and nigeria often,i know the two countries very well,if you need any information about either of living in spain or nigeria,kindly let me know.cheers

Hello Ansy2,

This is really a nice!  :top:

I think that some members will have questions to ask you. Maybe you can tell us briefly about life in Nigeria? the cost of living etc?

As you also know a lot about Spain, i think that you can also give us hints on life there by creating a new thread on the Spain forum. ;)

Thanks

Priscilla

Oh yes pricilla i would be glad to do that any time any day,you know most of what we hear on the media especially the western media about africa is false,just as i read here from a member of this fórum that Nigeria is a very dangerous place to live in,but thats absolutely wrong,there is no where in the world that doesnt have their own perculier problems but including nigeria and africa as a whole but that will be a topic for another day.

Now let me go staright to giving an insight into some of the questions and or challenges that anyone who wishes to go to nigeria would be faced with.
Having gotten your visas and all the docuements for the travel ready,if you are going from spain make sure you have gotten your visa from the nigerian embassy in Madrid(you can google their address and their phone numbers online)
Now you are ready to go to nigeria,one obvious thing i have to mention to a new traveler is that nigeria is a good place to live in,they have a great respect for the (whites) or so to say and you will notice this rigt from the airport.If you are a first time traveller to nigeria and you already have a work offer,its going to be very easy for you as the company that have offered you the job would take the responsibilty of your accomodation pending the time you settles down and looks for a place of your own.they will also take care of taking you to and from work untill you are able to do that by yourself.

In the case that you are going on your own,maybe on a business trip or as a tourist,well you have to take care of arranging for your own hotel accomodation or as the case maybe renting an apartment of your own,your choice of apartment depends largely on how many you are that are going to occupy the apartment.
Majority of the expats living in nigeria always live in the área that does not have any security problems,for example,lagos,Abuja,portharcourt,Enugu,there are so many of them but i am going to use lagos as an example here,in lagos you can choose to live in ikeja,there are so many expats living in that part of lagos,or as the case usually is,so many expats live in the highbrough part of lagos,victoria island,lekki phace 1 and 2,Ajah,VGC and the rest of them,A 2 bedroom flat accomodation will go between 3 to 4000 euros per annum but in the second year you will definetly pay less tan that if you continue to live in the same apartment.i think for now i would have to stop here but will welcome any questions from members of this fórum or any clarifications,just feel free to ask me here.wishing everyone a prosperous new year .

Hello Ansyz!

please enlighthen me or the rests regarding your contention about the news of western media for Africa. I am interested to know. as I am moving in Nigeria within this year.

Thanks.

Hi everyone,what i mearnt when i say that the western media is biased in their report about africa is that they seems to focus only on the bad side side of the continent,come on guys we all have our bad aspects(i stand to be proved otherwise anyway) nobody in the western media has written any article on how friendly the people can be,all you hear about is that they are thieves,highjactkers and all what not,am not saying that has not happened but then i believe the good side far outwieghs what they are making us to believe.thanks.

Hello Ansy2,

Apparently you seem to know Legos quite well, I'm sure I can use some of your advice as I'm moving to Nigeria for work probably in February or March.

I will have to look for an apartment, I have looked online but they seem to be very expensive.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Maxime

hello maxime,its nice Reading from you,i wish you all the best on your journey and your work,i will advice you to forget looking for house online,when you get here you can during your first days or weeks while you stay in a hotel ofcourse you will look for a place you will live,i think that will give you the opportunity to see the apartment by yourself and see if you like it or not,but then that still depends on if you know anyone you can trust in lagos,i know few house agents that can be of help,just let me know incase you will need my help.cheers.

Hello Ansy2,

thank you for your reply and advice, I would be very happy if you could link me with some agents you have a previous experience with or trust as unfortunately I don't anybody in Lagos yet.

Regards,

Maxime

I would Disagree with ansy about the price of houses at Victoria Garden City (VGC) or at lekki you can never get a 2 bedroom for 4000 nor talk of getting one for 3000eur you can get that amount at ajah for sure or places closer to Ajah and I doubt you'll find an expat community there. Houses are usually between 10000 to 40000usd 4000 euro will most likely get you a one bedroom appartment Maxime, to get a good cheap serviced apartment in a good location on the island have this budget in mInd: two/three bedroom between 10,000 to 15000 usd Victoria island , Oniru estate, Lekki Phase one ,Victora Garden City/ Chevron estate sometimes even a one bedroom appartment goes for this prize in some of this areas.. Then we have ikeja most expats stay at GRA in ikeja , you can also get a two or 3bedroom for 8000 usd here and duplex for about 15000usd... Furnished appartments are usually more expensive so you might want to do that yourself, It all depends on how you go about house search if you 're patient you'll get a good and affordable one...

How is the Crime?
How can I meet an expat?
I am interested in meeting a person who can show me around?
Are there any good restaurants that sell American Food

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : post in the housing section please

Hi izakius,I'm guesing you are already in lagos?

izakius , there lots of restairants in Lagos and u will be very surprised knowing how much they have to  offer .