Temporary resident card

Hi everyone,

I have proceed procedure for temporary resident card. Everything runs well until I have to show proof of residence registration by ward police.
I would like to ask everyone here who know well about this, please give me a guide. I really confused because the owner of my living place doesn't want to register me with police. How can I get the stamp of police to complete my paper.

Thanks a lot.

Maybe the police is asking for money to register people, and maybe that's why the owner of your apartment doesn't want to do it himself. You may need to do it yourself. Get the form(s), fill it and carry to the police. If they ask you to get strange documents or directly say that is impossible to register you, try again adding 100 000 or 200 000 dong (being foreigner, 200 000 is a better choice). Or maybe you can try to offer money first to the owner of the apartment, the caretaker or a neighbour so that he does it. Yes, maybe that's better.

(Or maybe I'm wrong and there is another reason...)

As Monihon said above, it can be for all sorts of reasons.     
Probably Tax...because the owner is not declaring you ,he gets the money Tax free.  Did you sign a lease registered at the Notary Office ?.   Sometimes they get you to sign 2 lease documents..for different amounts , and they pay Tax on the smaller one.

The "owner" may also not be the owner of the house and is subletting it, and doesn't have the pink book to do the above requirements.   I've had all of these issues.   

But then again,   When your paying peanuts ......😀 You know what you get eh.

In the end, cash will win out and the cops will "whore " themselves for the coffe money.

If you go to the police,they will check their books, find out the owner is not registered or paying money(the most important thing) and you may be asked to leave as the owner isnt registered with the green mafia.

Monihon wrote:

Maybe the police is asking for money to register people, and maybe that's why the owner of your apartment doesn't want to do it himself. You may need to do it yourself. Get the form(s), fill it and carry to the police. If they ask you to get strange documents or directly say that is impossible to register you, try again adding 100 000 or 200 000 dong (being foreigner, 200 000 is a better choice). Or maybe you can try to offer money first to the owner of the apartment, the caretaker or a neighbour so that he does it. Yes, maybe that's better.

(Or maybe I'm wrong and there is another reason...)

Actually I'm willing to pay for money under table. The problem is the owner said that police doesn't want to accept the money and they request a lot of papers from him to register.

The most important to me now as making complete my paper for TRC. All I do through service, they made the work permit for me very fast but until TRC they need the police stamp. I just wondered this is the service want to make difficulty on me to charge extra fee or this is really a must as required from VN police.

Oh Boy.....honest cops are the fly in the ointment now😀😀

A guy I know had a similar issue. He got registered thru a cheap local hotel. Said he booked in, and done a deal .     I don't know how that works with a TRC though.

It's amazing how simple the agents make these procedures sound, AND then after you pay and proceed the snakes start biting.

These clowns know that you've probably paid about $1500 for that TRC already,  and see this as an opportunity to graft more cash from you to solve this "problem" if it exists at all.   You could always find another place, but if you've paid a shitload of rent in advance your over the barrel again.

Good luck with it.

I saw them refusing 100 000, which seemed to be the standard (lol), but accepting 200 000. Maybe price for foreigners is higher. Maybe you are the first foreigner there and the owner is giving the usual for a Vietnamese, and that's why they refuse it.
If they «request a lot of papers from him to register,» it sounds to me as if they are just asking for more.
Or maybe, as other users said, there is some real problem to register you there. I think it is not necessary to say this, but is a delicate situation and you may *** if you just follow an advice from the Internet. If money is not a problem, what about getting a lawyer to do it?

I see on your profile your wife is Vietnamese. Is she from HCMC or any other neighboring province?
If yes, why not move into her parents' house for a month or two and get yourself registered with local police and hang in there until your TRC problem gets solved. Since you are legally married, I don't see any problem in it.

If she is from a neighboring province and you choose this option, I think you have to apply for your TRC over there.
In the meantime you can continue to stay and work in HCMC as usual.

If your wife hails from a far away province, this may not be a feasible option for you.

Tell me where do you living now?
Quite easy with your case, I don't understand why your owner makes it so hard.
Next my house, got the big house for rent. You just need to rent 1 room, 3.500.000vnd/month. Ward 22, Binh Thanh Dist
Very easy to deal with police in this local.
Don't worry, guy. If you  still can't do by yourself, i will tell my friend to help you.

Its simple, the owner doesnt want to register, which then means paying tax on the income,simple.

senwl wrote:

I see on your profile your wife is Vietnamese. Is she from HCMC or any other neighboring province?
If yes, why not move into her parents' house for a month or two and get yourself registered with local police and hang in there until your TRC problem gets solved. Since you are legally married, I don't see any problem in it.

If she is from a neighboring province and you choose this option, I think you have to apply for your TRC over there.
In the meantime you can continue to stay and work in HCMC as usual.

If your wife hails from a far away province, this may not be a feasible option for you.

Thank you for your information. Yes, my wife is Vietnamese but her countryside is not near Ho Chi Minh city. I just wondered that the police at ward they request a lot of papers that meant as a  foreigners here they can't live in their friend's house? It's very complicated once you are foreigner!

hoangvanpham wrote:

Tell me where do you living now?
Quite easy with your case, I don't understand why your owner makes it so hard.
Next my house, got the big house for rent. You just need to rent 1 room, 3.500.000vnd/month. Ward 22, Binh Thanh Dist
Very easy to deal with police in this local.
Don't worry, guy. If you  still can't do by yourself, i will tell my friend to help you.

I live in District 10. I would like to deal with the police here first. If can't  I may need your help