Work visa police clearance check

Hello I have applied for a job in Angola, I have been told if I get offered the job I will need a police clearance certificate as part of getting a work visa.  I have a spent criminal record in the uk but this will obviously show on my police clearance certificate.9
Has anyone any knowledge of people being given or refused a work visa due to a police clearance certificate and criminal convictions.
Also I have Been told I will first get  a short term visa to allow me to get into Angola and then get a work visa, If I am accepted for a short term visa will I also be accepted for a work visa ?

Dear

Let me explain you the visa process in details:

Short term Visa / ordinary visa

this type of visa is issued to you once you get a job offer and your company sends you the LOI (letter of invitation). Once you received the LOI then you apply to ordinary visa and you will be able to travel to Angola. The duration of this visa is normally 30 days and you can apply for two more extensions. It means that you can have stay of three months with this visa.
Please follow the link to understand the visa process and different type of visas for Angola.
http://www.sme.ao/index.php?option=com_ … mp;lang=en

Advice::

1-ONCE YOU ENTER TO ANGOLA, YOU MUST PUSH YOUR AGENT TO APPLY FOR EXTENSION OF VISA IMMEDIATELY UNLESS THEY HAVE APPROVAL FROM THE CONCERNED MINISTRY IN HAND FOR YOUR WORK VISA. IF THEY DONT HAVE THAT APPROVAL THEN YOU MUST APPLY FOR EXTENSION FROM THE DAY OF ENTRY. THE PROCESS IS EXTREMELY SLOW .

2- DEPENDS ON YOUR AGENT/EMPLOYER BUT IN MOST CASES YOU SHOULD BE PREPARE TO STAY FOR LONGER DURATION (3-6 MONTHS) BECAUSE VISA IS NOT THE EASY PROCESS IN ANGOLA.

3- YOU WILL REQUIRE THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS DULY ATTESTED BY ANGOLAN CONSULATE FOR WORK VISA.

a- police certificate from your country of residence duly attested by Angolan consulate/embassy and translated in Portuguese.
b- medical certificate attested by Angolan embassy/consulate and translated in Portuguese.
c- Your last degree (bachelor/master etc) translated in Portuguese and attested by consulate/embassy.
d- CV (translated in Portuguese)

Police and Medical certificate should not be older that three months at the time of submission of application for approval of work visa.

THE ABOVE LINK HAS ALL DETAILS BUT REMEMBER "" NEVER BELIEVE IN THE TIME MENTIONED IN THE LINK" IF YOU ARE VERY LUCKY OR YOUR AGENT HAS GOOD CONTACTS IN sme THEN YOU CAN HAVE VISA ON TIME OTHERWISE WISH YOU GOOD LUCK WITH THE PROCESS.

Shams

Thank you for your reply
I understand the process, my main concern is that I would be granted an ordinary visa ands allowed to enter Angola.
Then to get a work visa I would need to submit a police certificate, I have spent convictions in the UK but these would show on the police certificate so my main concern is I would not be allowed a work visa due to these convictions.
My question is are you normally allowed a work visa in Angola with criminal convictions on a police certificate, are they wanting people with clean certificates or just with no serious crimes or criminal investigations that are ongoing.
I would not want to hand my notice in with my present employer if I did not know I could successfully get a work visa

Dear

I can not give you diffinite answer about the police. Also there were cases in past that the people did not get visa even with the clean certificate. I think , you better discuss this with the employer so that they can review the situation with concerned authority.

hi am a nigeria and i want to travel to angola what are the necessary requirement .please some body should help me out

Can I ask if you managed to get a work visa with criminal convictions on police certificate?

I never got the chance to try as I didn't get the job or even an interview

Scrambley

Did you manage to get a work visa? I'm in the same situation. I have spent convictions for non-custodial crimes....cannot seem to find any information either way

@stewmac

You have posted on an old inactive thread.

Thanks, never noticed :)