Giving birth in Saudi Arabia

My egyptian husband left me a month ago while i was 5 months pregnant. He did not return ever since. We had our civil marriage in the Philippines and everything was official. We also had it officiated at the Saudi Embassy in the Philippines. There are no divorce papers yet nor process of any separation so we are still officially married (although God knows where he is right now). My query is, if it is possible to give birth here in saudi arabia without my husband and is it possible to put my baby under my company's sponsorship (I am now 6 months pregnant). If not, is it possible if my father can take my baby under his iqama. I was told that both original iqama and passport of the parents should be provided. Since i dont think that's gonna happen, I want to know any other options. And no, I am not thinking of giving birth back in the Philippines.

Thank you.

I think best talk to your companys HR department and explain the situation they should be able to give your baby sponsorship.

katiebialik wrote:

I think best talk to your companys HR department and explain the situation they should be able to give your baby sponsorship.

If yo explained what happened to your HR, The HR will provide you a choice if you will go back to Philippines because of that. If you have your marriage certificate with you registered in KSA or stamped by MOFA I think you can have sponsorship if not better to go back to Philippines because you know what there rules if a woman got pregnant and there are no husband....  :unsure ...

Better to decide now before it is too late to come up new ideas....

My last company did not do it. They knew girls were pregnant and the husband was outside since they have a marriage certificate so they can give birth over here. The case of being pregnant and no husband is when the girl is not officially married or had a boyfriend them got pregnant then it is a problem. But i think this girl has her marriage certficate that is official so there is no problem. At the time she got pregnant she was married so no issue.

Yes... i am officially married with all papers... so i was hoping i can still give birth here...

you can put your child under your iqama i am sure