Everyday Life and Working Visa in Ontario

Hi everybody id like to know a little bit more about Ontario, CA, before moving there. I'm interested about how life is, how hard is to find a job and an accomodation. And one more thing, the working visa thing, has anybody done that? Thanks!

I love to move and working Canada too, pls if someone can support me, how to find a work there?

I would like to know the same because i am moving to Canada.

Hi there! I have lived in Canada most of my life and would like to help answer some of your questions. Ontario is very big so all these depend on where in Ontario you were thinking. Are you referring to a working holiday visa?

Accommodation isn't hard to find but can be expensive. If you are looking to live in downtown Toronto, this is where you will pay the most. There are several cities just outside of Toronto that are a lot less expensive. Search "Greater Toronto Area" to find some cities nearby. You can also look at cities such as London and Kingston. They are a couple hours away from Toronto but are much less busy and will have lower rent costs.

Finding a job depends on what your education and skills are like. A lot of jobs can be found in downtown Toronto, but that comes with the higher rent price. It is always an option to commute downtown from the surrounding cities though. The subway and bus service (TTC) is great in my opinion, although it gets a lot of hate. Unlimited use of the TTC will cost you $140CAD/month but you will be able to get anywhere in the city. GO trains are also an option if you're living a bit further away.

Ontario is a great place to live overall! Everything you ever need is accessible. If you are not used to cold, snowy winters though it can be a shock, but summer is beautiful. There is also so much to do here you will never get bored! Let me know if you have any other questions.