Work Permit - How many days should I bet out of country?

woah 12 million? that's so expensive! I'm currently processing my work permit. i just sent it today to PH for authentication and notarization. I'm now working on my police registration with my new landlord because my landlord at the moment did not register me to the police ><

how many days do we have to be out of the country for the work permit??

kattie1120 wrote:

Probably the best thing to do is wait until you get your Work Permit, then do a day trip over the border, ( if you have enough time on your current Visa), otherwise it could be a long wait,

bluenz wrote:
kattie1120 wrote:

Probably the best thing to do is wait until you get your Work Permit, then do a day trip over the border, ( if you have enough time on your current Visa), otherwise it could be a long wait,

the problem is my visa is going to expire on the 22nd of September

You don't need to leave the country to get your work permit .

Phil Crockett wrote:

You don't need to leave the country to get your work permit .

If Katie is on a Tourist Visa she does, unless you know something we don't???? Very few Visa's can be changed in country now.

Work permits are paid by and processed by your employer. Price is fixed and a middle man is not authorised only the employer or their repr. Stay clear of anyone asking for excessive fees. Learn the ropes and do it yourself whenever possible otherwise someone will be there to take your money. Team up with a friend who has been around a long tme. Good hunting.

vncservice wrote:

Work permits are paid by and processed by your employer. Price is fixed and a middle man is not authorised only the employer or their repr. Stay clear of anyone asking for excessive fees. Learn the ropes and do it yourself whenever possible otherwise someone will be there to take your money. Team up with a friend who has been around a long tme. Good hunting.

Work Permits SHOULD be paid by the employer, but in many cases are not, along with the medical and criminal check fee's. It seems to be up to the individual schools. ( the ones that don't should be avoided, in fact it might be a good idea to make a thread on undesirable schools, I can name a couple for a start ).

Oh I didn't realize Katie was on a tourist visa , that's correct she shouldn't be working on a tourist visa .

Phil Crockett wrote:

Oh I didn't realize Katie was on a tourist visa , that's correct she shouldn't be working on a tourist visa .

There is still that " gray " area for working the 3 months without a Work Permit, ( as it used to be ), but sounds like it was stopped??? going by the " proposal " I posted above. Excerpt below.
" Foreigners 3. work permit is exempt, has been newly added two items. (1) foreign nationals entry to Vietnam to work in less than 30 days time limit (2) In this case the Vietnam outside of the school and students and students in the school in the occupation order ream institutions to work in Vietnam "

Hmmm , well  despite Vietnam's ever changing rules , regulations and laws  I very much doubt that  any authority ( even ) here would be inclined to prosecute providing they can see that someone has tried to comply with the regulations , especially if Katie was to return from say Cambodia with a 'B Class' ( Business ) visa , to the best of my knowledge there is no minimum time period , however I have been told recently that even the once friendly Vietnamese Embassy office in Sihanoukville no longer do a same day service , even if you go there in the morning apparently you are asked to return the following day . Katie may also benefit from getting a letter of a promise of employment to take with her.

Phil Crockett wrote:

Hmmm , well  despite Vietnam's ever changing rules , regulations and laws  I very much doubt that  any authority ( even ) here would be inclined to prosecute providing they can see that someone has tried to comply with the regulations , especially if Katie was to return from say Cambodia with a 'B Class' ( Business ) visa , to the best of my knowledge there is no minimum time period , however I have been told recently that even the once friendly Vietnamese Embassy office in Sihanoukville no longer do a same day service , even if you go there in the morning apparently you are asked to return the following day . Katie may also benefit from getting a letter of a promise of employment to take with her.

Still better, wait until the Permit is in her hand, we know how much a VN contract is worth,  I still personally hold my Work Permit, but never received a copy of the contract we both signed, but stopped working for them after a few months due to Visa " difficulties ", ( combination of  a lazy school owner and an idiot in Immigration here ).

• DN Visa – applicable to foreign workers who will work as local hire at a Vietnamese company.

Many of these VN " schools/businesses " don't seem to realise they can be fined millions of VND,  and have their business closed for a period as well, if they get caught employing a Foreigner without a Work Permit.

The Foreigner faces a fine AND deportation.

Sorry but I don't see how she will get a work permit whilst on a tourist visa ?

Phil Crockett wrote:

She can't, many of the " teachers " these days have their work permits " arranged " before they get here, which probably means they come here on a DN visa. It's only since Jan -- May 2015 the rules changed, before that you could work for 3 months without a Work Permit, or change to a Work Permit without leaving VN. Katie and Mick know they have to leave and re enter, just how long everything will take will be their problem.
More money for the VN Govt,

Phil Crockett wrote:

my school will process the work permit. i just need to collect all the documents they need and give it to them =) school gave me 2 months probation period. one of the teachers said that's the time where I/they process my WP. we'll see in few days what's gonna happen

kattie1120 wrote:
Phil Crockett wrote:

my school will process the work permit. i just need to collect all the documents they need and give it to them =) school gave me 2 months probation period. one of the teachers said that's the time where I/they process my WP. we'll see in few days what's gonna happen

You're lucky???, they made my employer stop me working while my WP was being processed, ( I knew it was against the law, but I thought they must have " known " the right people, but obviously they didn't ).
But sometimes living in a city of very few Foreigners has it disadvantages???

bluenz wrote:
kattie1120 wrote:
Phil Crockett wrote:

You're lucky???, they made my employer stop me working while my WP was being processed, ( I knew it was against the law, but I thought they must have " known " the right people, but obviously they didn't ).

the IP Manager just gave me a list of things i need to submit to her during my first day of work. few days after, i signed a probationary contract. and i just opened a bank account yesterday for my salary. and she's been asking when will i get my school uniform. i think it's case by case. when i get my papers back, ill do the next step. and have my health check.

kattie1120 wrote:
bluenz wrote:
kattie1120 wrote:

the IP Manager just gave me a list of things i need to submit to her during my first day of work. few days after, i signed a probationary contract. and i just opened a bank account yesterday for my salary. and she's been asking when will i get my school uniform. i think it's case by case. when i get my papers back, ill do the next step. and have my health check.

I'm still not 100% sure about the 3 month work without a WP anymore, I didn't think it had changed, but when I saw that " proposal " this week, it made me wonder, if you have have only just started your 3 month Visa, maybe that's how they're getting around it? ( or the school isn't aware of the rule change, or is just ignoring it? )
I think they may have stopped it because what was stopping a worker from leaving VN every 3 months, returning  and starting the 3 months again, each time???

bluenz wrote:
kattie1120 wrote:
bluenz wrote:

I'm still not 100% sure about the 3 month work without a WP anymore, I didn't think it had changed, but when I saw that " proposal " this week, it made me wonder, if you have have only just started your 3 month Visa, maybe that's how they're getting around it? ( or the school isn't aware of the rule change, or is just ignoring it? )
I think they may have stopped it because what was stopping a worker from leaving VN every 3 months, returning  and starting the 3 months again, each time???

I have no idea, to be honest. I'm just following the procedure. hopefully my papers in PH will be notarized and stamped ASAP so they can send it back to me. whenever I see my IP manager, i just update her with what's going on with my papers, etc.

for the rules, i just know that some teachers are on tourist visa and just renew the visa every 3 months. "there's always a solution in Vietnam", that's what my housemate always says lol

the process is already complicated for me and i don't want to complicate things more T-T i'll just wait for my papers to arrive here and proceed to the next step.

Hello all :)

@kattie1120 : A new thread has been created as from your post and responses received so as to better list different informations received on the forum.

Regards
Kenjee

I dont think you will leave the country while applying for a working permit, get the DN visa first from a reliable agent I presume you had DLvisa ,so far far they will advice you to cross the border (mocbai) with a visa letter, then upon returning with  DNVisa sticker in your passport  you can proceed to your working permit application provided you got all the necesary documents to process the working permit, make it sure as well you have enough validity in your passport, straightforward application will only take around two or three weeks, price vary in different agent, heard only 200$ to 300$ only, hope this info will help you..cheers!