Another Bored Newbie

Hi Folks

Been here a few days now, Must get out of the hotel and go somewhere sometime soon.

British, Married, wife to join me at some stage when sorted myself out.

Seen mention of various groups meeting up. How do I find these expat groups?

Any particular place where expats enjoy a glass of pop, or anyone else seeking to find a bit of a social life.

Feel free to pm me

Thanks

I'm assuming you're in Tripoli?

Sorry

Yes in Tripoli
Any help appreciated

I see. Well in that case you should get a response sooner rather than later, considering ~98% of Libya's expat population is in Tripoli. I'm in Benghazi and there's a very, very tiny minority of expats here.

If you don't get any responses though then your topic might get buried near the bottom of the page where few people will notice it (happened with me :( ) so you might have to just take the initiative and PM a few people yourself. I'd suggest looking over the "people in Tripoli" page and messaging a few who look interesting.

If you get desperate enough you can come on over to Benghazi. It's only 15 LYD by bus each way =P

Ghecko, check your inbox.

Have a look at THIS THREAD, where I give some links to yet more threads about activities.

Hey Ghecko,
PM me - i'm in Tripoli staying next to Dhat Al Imad. (near Corinthia hotel). I know what hotel walls can do to a person. -especially in Libya.

Another inbox message for you Ghecko :cool:

Go check out the Red Castle (Saraya al Hambra) and take a walk along the Medina market (next to the Red Castle). I remember the first couple of weeks arriving here and staying in a hotel was quite depressing. I took some walks there and felt better. The Red Castle has a very nice museum as well.

Things will get better for you once you've gotten used to this place though, trust me! I've been here 3 months now and I have found inner peace :)

Good luck!

If you're interested in reading .... there's a book fair on starting today .... details are already on the forum ... You could also check out lookoutlibya.com or whatson.ly to find out the latest events, places to visit, eat etc. in Tripoli.