New members of the Jordan forum, introduce yourself here – 3rd quarter of 2015

Hi all,

Newbie on the Jordan forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Jordan if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread New members of the Jordan forum, introduce yourself here – 2nd quarter of 2015 continues below!

hey my name is margaret

Hello.... My name is Janel.  I know a family from Jordan that is currently living in the USA.  The mother of this family is going to the same college as me.  Her daughter and my daughter go to the same school.  So I met her brother when he came here to visit her a few months ago.  And we are planning to get married and possibly to move to Jordan.  This is just a little of my background! Excited to explore more posts!

Hey Janel, you'll find plenty of info reading this topic,

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=79629

It is quite possible that a middle eastern man would use an American or a European woman to get a green card or a EU passport so watch out.

:)  hi everyone am New in Amman Jordan am wondering if I can find a saloon that can do African hair please drop it contacts thankx

Hi, and nice to meet you. Am Dana, and I'm Jordanian who lived abroad for long. Therefore I don't really have many friends here. Would like to meet you.
Hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards.

Hi, im khaled, will be happy to know and meet new friends.
if you would like we could have coffee in of the café in Amman.

looking to hear back from you

Hi Khaled and many thanks your message.

I too am looking for friends in Amman, as I lived abroad for very long.

May I ask: how old are you? I am NOT interfering in private matters, however I know one thing: friends are usually NEARLY the same age. Know what I mean? Appreciate an answer, so that we can arrange something SOON.

Best regards.

all of you are welcomed to Jordan

If you find please let me know i am looking for this also

Hey there,
I'm Raj and am currently experiencing withdrawal symptoms from having moved from Nairobi to Amman. Before the walls start closing in on me, i need to make new friends! Stat! ...... and maybe find a nice karaoke place where i could croon Bryan Adams' love songs in my poorly accented English! :p

Raj Dhangay wrote:

Hey there,
I'm Raj and am currently experiencing withdrawal symptoms from having moved from Nairobi to Amman. Before the walls start closing in on me, i need to make new friends! Stat! ...... and maybe find a nice karaoke place where i could croon Bryan Adams' love songs in my poorly accented English! :p

Why do I get the feeling you're the life and soul of a party?  :D
I'm sure you'll meet a pile of people and have a wild time once you get started.

Hello, my name is Evgheni I'm a male expat from russia.
I'm 16.
I am currently looking forward to share an apartment with someone and willing to get  to know the person I would share the apartment with and do fun stuff on weekends.
Also looking for some good friends!!

Hiya Fred

I just noticed that your little flag at the bottom of your post says "England, Yorkshire" so just thought I'd say "Hey up! as I am also from Yorkshire (born & bred) lol. I've been over here in Amman a few years now as I'm married to a Jordanian, Really missing home though.

ladyluck13 wrote:

Hiya Fred

I just noticed that your little flag at the bottom of your post says "England, Yorkshire" so just thought I'd say "Hey up! as I am also from Yorkshire (born & bred) lol. I've been over here in Amman a few years now as I'm married to a Jordanian, Really missing home though.

Ey up, lass - am frum Barnsley.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : No promotion on the forum please drop advert in Housing on the green banner above

Hi all..
first excuse my English if it's not that good!
I'm new to this site, im a jordanian guy my name is Mohammed - 26 years old.

i hope i can get the chance to meet new people and make new friends here.

I have been to Jakarta for a short time once and I had help from someone that made my life very easy there, so I would love to give the help back in return to any expat who would ask for it.. I hope you all enjoy your time in Jordan :)

Thank you and I will do that

Hi everyone,

Just joined here and would love to meet new people  -:)

bettydana wrote:

Hi Khaled and many thanks your message.

I too am looking for friends in Amman, as I lived abroad for very long.

May I ask: how old are you? I am NOT interfering in private matters, however I know one thing: friends are usually NEARLY the same age. Know what I mean? Appreciate an answer, so that we can arrange something SOON.

Best regards.

I personally disagree as I believe friends can be of any age, colour, religion etc. I have some really good friends that are 20 years older and also some that are much younger than myself, If I meet people and feel comfortable around them, I really don't think age matters at all, After all, this is friendship not a relationship. I'm happily married :-)

Hiya Fred, I used to live there a few years ago, cracking market. I'm from Donny so just down the road. Do you ever go back there or plan to go back at some point? Have a good weekend and take care.

Hi there
my Name is Theresa and I´m from Germany. I´ve been in Jordan now for two times and the third is coming soon...:)
If I want to move and live in Jordan? maybe...
I´m here to share experiences about this beautiful and crazy Country.
Just say "hello" to everyone.

Hello,

I am new to Amman and willl be studying Arabic at Qasid.  I am looking to rent an Apt. near there (right by the Muktar Mall).  I am also looking to meet some new people.

Hey Raj am pauline en am from Nairobi I know what you feel now that the life in Amman is different from Nairobi but I promise you Amman is a nice place to be even though I haven't stayed here long I feel safe en have a lot of fun though u can't compare it to Nai  ;)

Hey there Pauline!
Nice to meet ya! I agree Amman is a charming place! I'm sure i'll enjoy staying here! If only we could get Nyama Choma and Tuskers here though !! ;)

Cheers,
Raj

Hi, my name is Dahlia from Malaysia. I am planning to move to Jordan and search for a lecturer work in accounting.
Well, I have a lot of questions to ask. But my main question is, am I eligible to buy a house or land at Jordan?

Hello  😊 my name is muhannad how are you ?

Hi all, my name is Paul, just arrived in Jordan 5 days ago and residing in Amman. Will be here up to Dec 2015 supporting a project.  Interested in meeting other Kenyans in Jordan

Hi,
My name is Hamed and i am one of the new members of the Forum. I am doing my PhD in the Netherlands. I do not live in Jordan but part of my research project is related to this country.

Wish you all the best

@Paul Mukunya - Karibu, most likely there'll be something coming up for Mashujaa day on 20 Oct. Certainly an opportunity to meet other Kenyans in Amman :) IM me for more details

Cheers

Raj Dhangay wrote:

Hey there Pauline!
Nice to meet ya! I agree Amman is a charming place! I'm sure i'll enjoy staying here! If only we could get Nyama Choma and Tuskers here though !! ;)

Cheers,
Raj

@ Raj & Pauline Poleni sana ...i discovered carakale and lahm mishwy are the closest thing to home (i.e. nyam chom & a cold tusker) :D In Amman there's a bit of stuff to keep you going but bottom line, you simply have to adopt and take initiative to entertain yourself ;)

Hello, I am Mahmoud, well, I discovered that I have an account here two years ago but never used it though !!..Anyways I'm not an expat btw but have no problem in meeting new people

Thanks.  :)

I am a Jordanian been living here since i was born, never left my country, I would like to introduce myself to expats who are living in Jordan, who are having difficulties to find housing, furniture, cafes, schools or anything they want.

Also note that I am Jordanian lawyer, been practicing law since 2008, I will be my pleasure to help anyone who lives in Jordan. It will be my pleasure.

Regards

Hello,
I have moved to Jordan yesterday and I am in a phase of exploring the jobs for home tutoring. *********

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : please post your ad in the classifieds > Extra teaching in Jordan section section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

hello,
welcome to Jordan, in which city are  you ?

Amman

shahnaz Rizwan wrote:

Amman

nice, are u living in the west or east side?

Hello, my name is Mohammad. I'm 40 and I live in Jordan. I am a native Arabic speaker. I can teach Arabic language. I want to improve my English language. So, I'm looking for SERIOUS people to chat/talk every time I/we can.
My skype ID is : *************

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Hey guys. Im a chilean that just moved to Jordan, Amman. I dont like to have free time so im interested in any activities woth expat clubs or fitness classes, jobs, anything. I have a 3 yr old boy so if there is any mom interested in playdates im in as well!!! :)

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=529749

Thanks!

Closed